Acer's Netbook- Aspire ONE available starting Rs 14499/-

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Depends on the mobile under consideration.

IMO, these netbooks effectively replace 20K and above mobiles. We can get a 5K mobile + this netbook. Maximum VFM.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
I went to eZone yesterday. The price is back at Rs. 17,999 (with XP). At this price I don't think its VFM. Anything less than Rs. 15K is a steal.

Is Acer still offering this at Rs. 14,xxx? Any idea guys?

Coool

I'm Back!:D
whats the difference between linux version and windows xp version.....???
only OS or any thing else..??

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
In the linux version linux presinstalled. That also there will be no GUI. Windows XP OS pre-loaded(home version). For this, additional money.

whats the difference between linux version and windows xp version.....???
only OS or any thing else..??
only OS.

you can use money saved for something fruitful. And yeah, you can experiement with installing Windows 7 Beta.
In the linux version linux presinstalled. That also there will be no GUI. Windows XP OS pre-loaded(home version). For this, additional money.
:lol: No GUI ? Which era are you from ?

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@krates .. jump for it! :D offer may not be valid for long..

BTW the Linux version has a minimalist GUI with big icons (kiddy type) which can be unlocked to get the full power of KDE, etc.

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
When I bought the Acer 4730z, the linux had no GUI. I mean the laptop had DOS like appearance. Do they provide UNix also with linux? I am not familiar with linux terminal anyway. I have seen UBunutu, Fedora, etc. butwith windows like appearance. Even the shopkeeper also remarked about it and asked me whether I wanted XP for an additional sum. I declined and installed xp myself. But that involved some steps which is outside the scope of this thread.

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
@sams9

offtopic. which linux version(i mean ubunutu, xubuntu, fedora and like) will run perfectly on 4730z apart from the one which came with 4730z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom