Acer's Netbook- Aspire ONE available starting Rs 14499/-

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
It is definitely VFM and its the way netbooks should be. Thats what they are for; I do not need optical sound out and 1080p playback on a netbook. Rather, lower the prices.

These companies introduce new models and do away with old models. :x

You won't see much difference b/w 10" and 9". Its actually GOOD that we are having a clearence sale. 10" would be slightly more bulky. I myself had a 10" laptop, and by slightly reducing screen size it doesn't make much difference.

And yeah, the 3-cell means it has about 3hrs battery backup.
Whats the cost of the 6-cell version ?

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I am waiting for any forum member to post here. I want to know the REAL price with tax fax and all that.

^^

I guess I will have to join you two hypocrats. Lets wait for someone to be the guinea pig and buy this, then we will make our moves :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^He will need to sell his iPod to get his dream mac nonetheless :razz:

Every shiny thing looks cool for few days but after that the original thoughts wears out at an exponential 7% rate until you decide to buy another one or you get a gist of the working of your never ending desirous mind (and put a slap everytime it wheedle you for another thing).

IronManForever

^ Gotcha! You've been following those Apple threads secretly haven't you? :p

Yeah yeah, it was impulse when I bought the iPod.. I 'm not even able to use half of what it can do. We don't have enough hotspots, and I don't have a credit card to buy Apps. :(
Given the choice, Id definitely go for this Netbook. But then, my dad wouldn't buy me the macbook, thinking I already have a laptop..

^ Gotcha! You've been following those Apple threads secretly haven't you? :p

Yeah yeah, it was impulse when I bought the iPod.. I 'm not even able to use half of what it can do. We don't have enough hotspots, and I don't have a credit card to buy Apps. :(
Given the choice, Id definitely go for this Netbook. But then, my dad wouldn't buy me the macbook, thinking I already have a laptop..

What was the cost of your iPod Touch ? See if you can sell it.

All you need to do is get the white Aspire One, install eeebuntu, install mac4lin, go to a stickering shop, pay Rs. 50 for an apple logo stickering job and stick it on the subnotebook's lid. There you have it - most noobs would easily believe that its MacBook Nano :lol:

IronManForever

^^ Nice Idea. :)
Id stay with the iPod.. Most of my friends won't understand the hype, they'd buy cheap chinese MP4 players.. Though yeah, if I get some guys, they'd buy it for its original price!!
And talkin about Macbook Nano, most of them Except 1-2 don't know if macs existed!!
And I am so so irritated when they do not understand the principle if Netbooks. Not that we have wifi hotspots all around.. theres always a certain advantage if they know how to use notebooks. They say why th hell doesn't it have a dvd drive. And they fret at the small 10 inch screen!

I could go on and on, but lets not. And no, no guys to buy iPod as of now..
PS: Acer Aspire one is around 22k in indian currency here..

Net book advantage actually seems higher than normal at the price of 15000.
The problem at 20k and above is that they are less VFM than other machines.
But Aspire One at Rs. 15,000 seems GR8.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I bought a blue Acer Aspire One with pre-installed XP Home for Rs.19,999/- inclusive of all taxes last month from eZone Chennai. Only in January that is, this month, I saw the price of the linux version fall further. The XP-Home would be 2 to 2.5k more than the linux version.

Coool

I'm Back!:D
Can v install windows vista in aspire one.......??
will it work smooth???

Has somebody installed Windows 7 Public Testing edition in Aspire One ? I saw somebody making tall claims that it runs much faster than linux on Aspire One. I am really curious to see if its true.

OP
R

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
here is the link for installing windows 7 on aspire one netbook. Do it at your own risk. Some have reported success and others haven't.

*www.electronicpulp.net/2009/01/13/...7-on-the-acer-aspire-one-netbook-preparation/

Status
Not open for further replies.