Aaj Tak reporter faces eve-teasing while reporting on Delhi gangrape case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Lost in speed
One more depends on the locality.
If the incident happens in a remote village, it sinks with the time.
But in Metros, it booms to their maximum level, as happens with the latest rape/eve-teasing incidents.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
So many angry internet armchair activists here. Shooting the symptom, not the cause.

This.

One more depends on the locality.
If the incident happens in a remote village, it sinks with the time.
But in Metros, it booms to their maximum level, as happens with the latest rape/eve-teasing incidents.

In 2011, 453 rapes (reported) happened in Delhi. That's more than a rape a day. Almost all of them sunk with time.

chop of the D!cks(castration) of the rapists,strip them

Kid, Do you even know what castration is?

While it may be wrong to label people, it is a fact that North Indian cities - specially Delhi - are a lot less safer than South India. I have lived in Delhi and Hyderabad for many years - and the difference is instantly noticeable in the way both these cities treat women. (disclosure - I am a "North Indian"). Perhaps there are some sociological reasons for that, but it is a fact.

Yeah, right.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
i just hope that this sachin thing does not shift focus from the rape.... the stupid media better not do it.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
if we learn and teach about moral values in life , we can reduce crime to a certain extent .... hanging , castrating or other punishment are not the real solution to the problem they are just balm to the disease but we need surgery ...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Our society has morally degraded. It is sad. Higher penal sentences and better vigilance by cops will not correct these matter. Societal issues take decades (if not centuries) to be corrected. Men/boys/guys are made rotten within their own households by parents and surrounding relatives. How does this happen: A son is considered God, and the patriarch to lead on the family line. So they are glorified and the women of the house are are made to be servants. Example: picking up dishes for the men after they eat, even for a young male child, washing their dirty clothes, and covering up their short comings. A man comes to think, when he "comes of age"; that he is a king and women are just animals. This is aggravated to a higher degree if their is lack of education and/or urbanization in the family. Come marriage be: The man is tethered to a slave-woman and he can do what he wants, and the boys mother, keeps on advising the daughter-in-law how to keep her son happy. Once a child is born, rinse and repeat if a BOY. The mind set of males is engraved with the ideology that we are better and can do as we deem fit to any women. There is no respect and privacy, and is utter nonsensical and barbaric.

It is going to get worse. Cause sadly, most of the law and order personnel, judiciary, politicians and policy makers are all males. You cannot drive a cause or propagate emancipation of a concept -till- you are not in complete clarity and look at the latter with a sterile PoV.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Related to the thread.

UP rape victim raped by cops probing case - The Times of India

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
On a discussion show on RSTV, one girl among the audience raised a question to an ex-IPS officer & now an advocate, who was one of the panelists, that the Lt. Governor has made it mandatory for the police to register any type of complaint(s) brought to them by a woman, but what about the situation(s) when sometimes the women who go to file a complaint are themselves mistreated (i guessed the girl was indirectly referring to such cases which happened in U.P. earlier, like the incident mentioned above)?! to this, the gentleman put up a charade of a reply (which was quite expected) - "In such cases, the policewaala is dealt with very sternly & first-of-all immediately removed from active service. But generally its your fear of the police that restricts you from viewing them as someone to help you, arising out of a 'tradition' of ours when a small child is told by its parents that "jaldi se khaana kha lo, warna police aa jaayegi! (finish your food quickly, otherwise the police will come knocking the door!)"

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Wut ? Gabbar toh suna tha but police aa jayegi ?

I was reading this comic 72 ghante, tells much more about reality. Honesty less than 13 percent.

Shloeb

In the zone
While it may be wrong to label people, it is a fact that North Indian cities - specially Delhi - are a lot less safer than South India. I have lived in Delhi and Hyderabad for many years - and the difference is instantly noticeable in the way both these cities treat women. (disclosure - I am a "North Indian"). Perhaps there are some sociological reasons for that, but it is a fact.

The protection of law and proper legal procedure should be the right of normal people - it should not be extended to perverts. Summary and exemplary punishment is NEEDED - the fear of law should be instilled till such time that people become really "educated" and realize that every human being has the same right to exist. Just see the above video - this happened right in front of a camera. Which law protects those perverts - what justification can they give for this act?

I agree with you to an extent. I am a Punjabi and I have lived in Bangalore as well. I can notice the difference easily.

pratik385

In the zone
Im so angry with all these rape cases...
Everyday whenever I check TimesofIndia theres a news of rape case god damn it what is going on in this country
Im so pissed off
We are humans not dogs :-(
Its really making things hard for me while working...

As an Indian I'm ashamed!
no moral ethics

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Im so angry with all these rape cases...
Everyday whenever I check TimesofIndia theres a news of rape case god damn it what is going on in this country
Im so pissed off
We are humans not dogs :-(
Its really making things hard for me while working...

As an Indian I'm ashamed!
no moral ethics

The recent surge is according to the current trend. Before that these news were largely ignored or less sensationalized.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
There might have been worse cases which never caught our eyes. And people are talking like rapes happen only in India.

pratik385

In the zone
@Faun
yes agreed
In past, there were cases too but those were suppressed :/
too bad

@ KDroid
And people are talking like rapes happen only in India.
dont know where are you going with that thought!

Flash

Lost in speed
And people are talking like rapes happen only in India.

People always need some sensational topics, to munch about.
If found, that will be a hot-topic for many days, even months.
If another news come, former news will be suppressed and the newer one will become hot.

Moreover Medias zoom even a small matter (I don't say this rape case is small) , to a life-threatning-end-of-the-humanitarian sort of things.

A TV program with "Four-people-in-a-room + a telephone + an angry caller" is enough to create havoc to a locality.

Status
Not open for further replies.