2TB HDD : Internal or External

Purpose : Backup
Budget : 8K

1) Which one is more reliable, Internal or External ?

2) Should I go with 2*1TB or 2TB ?

3) Seagate or WD ?

4) In Mind : Buy Western Digital My Book Essential 2 TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBACW0020HBK at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

I can wait for 1-2 months if there gonna be price drop....

SunE

Professional Newbie
Single 2TB is cheaper than 2x1TB. Also obviously internal will be cheaper than external so if you don't need portability go for internal drive. About price cuts no one has any idea because last November people said that prices would drop in Q1 2012 but we're 1 month into Q2 now and the prices only seem to have increased. So now your decision. If buying internal I'd recommend Seagate Barracuda.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@op,
you won't see any price drop till the end of this year.so buy it.and i will suggest to go for external one if you already have a internal HDD.

OP
bajaj151
Currently I have :

Internal 500GB Seagate
External 1TB WD My Book Essential 3.0

Current prices are :

Internal Seagate 2*1TB = 2*5805 = 11610
Internal Seagate 2TB = 8073
External 2TB WD My Book Essential USB 3.0 = 7405

1) Should I go with 2TB considering the price ?
2) Are 1TB drives less prone to hardware failure than a 2TB or is it about the same?

dfcols71

In the zone
i would advice you to buy 500gb internal or 1tb external ,due to problems of reliability and warranty or stick
with your items now and buy later when prices fall

sukesh1090

Adam young
@bajaj151,
buy 2TB WD external.if i am right it has 3 years warranty so don't worry and buy it.the prices won't fall untill the end of this year and it is looks like it will never go to that price for which they were available before the flood.so waiting is just waste.

mrintech

Technomancer
@bajaj151,
buy 2TB WD external.if i am right it has 3 years warranty so don't worry and buy it.the prices won't fall untill the end of this year and it is looks like it will never go to that price for which they were available before the flood.so waiting is just waste.

+1

Go with 2 TB WD HDD :)

S

sanjay6502

Before finalizing for this model of 2TB WD external drive, see this FEEDBACK.

It appears to be a garbage product of WD.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
I checked at flipkart and i have not found seagate freeagent goflex with usb 3 but WD comes with usb3. wd prices are a little high like Rs.300 than seagate. so what is the verdict? WD or Seagate? (only for external drives please)

and 3.5inch or 2.5inch? which is more reliable for regular use

Last edited:

sujeet2555

In the zone
hello
i already own this External 2TB WD My Book Essential USB 3.0 but it don't cost me Rs 7405.i bought it from letsbuy at rs 4800 but it now says Rs 8000.what is happening here ? is the site quoting wrong ?
i encountered the same at flipkart i ordered a webcam that quoted at price 500 but after somedays i got call that it has price of rs5000.funny.
the product is good and i don't have any problem till now and i don't use WD Smartware.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
as far as HDDs are concerned, they have become costlier due to floods in thailand. so the price that you see are correct. i also saw 2tb hdd priced below INR5k but didn't buy and now i have bought it at INR7.5k :(

funskar

Padawan

Get this one at 6.9k - 2 TB Seagate EXPANSION 3.5 inch 2tb external hdd with usb2.0 + usb 3.0 sealed | eBay

Apply this coupon code - XY9RREGIYG :mrgreen:

mitraark

Decrepit
Is 2TB Go flex USB 3.0 at 6700 and 3TB at 8500 rightly priced ??

Well the price is still much higher compared to last year , but they are falling steadily. I hope to get a 2TB for 6k by July.

How many different models available in Seagate Goflex ?

No idea really :( The deisgn is not of much concern to most people , you have to look for the attachments [ USB 3.0 Flex connector ] and cable length maybe.

Top Bottom