2014 - New TDF Suggestions

Should we switch the way posts are displayed for mobile users?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

snap

Lurker
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]
Whatever you say is correct...
But, still I think most of the members preferred the old name...
You could have asked us about our opinion through a poll before the big change, you know... Kinda like giving the old TDF a fighting chance!!! :)
At least that poll would have been more useful than the usually ridiculous polls that were the norm at the thinkdigit homepage!!! :p

actually it is Digit from the start iirc raaabo did not get the Digit domain so he renamed it to thinkdigit which he forever regretted until now :razz:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
actually it is Digit from the start iirc raaabo did not get the Digit domain so he renamed it to thinkdigit which he forever regretted until now :razz:

I know that bit!!! Raaabo told that earlier here or in the magazine, right!!! It was a spur of the moment action by him...
But, that's not the point of my post... Try reading it again... I feel he should have asked our opinion, that's all!!! :)

Flash

Lost in speed
Test post to check the URL text retriever:
Exclusive Interview: Ubisoft tells us about Watch Dogs | Digit.in
*www.digit.in/forum/feedback/181792-2014-new-tdf-suggestions-35.html
Feedback Loop: WWDC predictions, Dropcam Pro impressions and more!
Evaluating Apple's $3 Billion Beats Buy: Wins, Losses And Draws - Forbes
Arts And Tech Non-Profit Gray Area Is A Symbol For A Changing City | TechCrunch

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION] [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] - It's working now. :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
please make the questions right click-able urls in Digit Question and Answers – Find a Solution

its bandwidth consuming and PITA when you return to the page after answering a question. :(

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hey anyone having trouble signing into forum from site, clicking on the fourth option in sign in and putting in username and forum pass gives an error 500...

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
hey anyone having trouble signing into forum from site, clicking on the fourth option in sign in and putting in username and forum pass gives an error 500...

It happens for me too. Same 500 error. But by that time you are already signed in. So just click on the forum link again.

OP
Raaabo

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]
Whatever you say is correct...
But, still I think most of the members preferred the old name...
You could have asked us about our opinion through a poll before the big change, you know... Kinda like giving the old TDF a fighting chance!!! :)
At least that poll would have been more useful than the usually ridiculous polls that were the norm at the thinkdigit homepage!!! :p

Not everything is up for a vote :)

It was important to reduce the confusion and difference between Thinkdigit and digit. If its one brand, why have two logos and identities.

Digit is the brand we all love, and what makes us special? We're Indian, for Indians and by Indians. Thus the .in was also important to us.

Thinkdigit was just a URL, not anything special. Nothing has really changed - except that you have to get used to typing a few less letters... And that too shall pass in a short time.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Admins of this forum
Ok, I've had enough of this glam and glitz...lets come to Usability.

<there were some harsh comments here>

1. Forum log-in : From digit.in I need to
1.1. click on “Forum” link which opens a new page.
1.2. Here I need to click on 'login' link
1.3. Login page opens, enter my credentials and press enter
1.4. Rather being taken to Forum page I'm taken to a page which tells me the search query isn't found!!! What search query.
a) At this moment the URL is showing my emailid and userid in cleartext. No need of encryption, eh?
1.5. Here I've to click on “Forum” again and now it takes me to forum in a new window (?)
1.6. Why do I have to go through all these troubles to access forum? Do you personally find this flow very useful and easy for the end users?

2. Logout link :
2.1. Do a “today's posts” from forum home page
2.2. No more logout link from on the search result page. To logout either I've to go to forum home page or the page opened in 1.4
2.3. WHY?

At this moment these two things are bothering me very much. I'll post more if I find more.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@Admins of this forum
Ok, I've had enough of this glam and glitz...lets come to Usability.

<there were some harsh comments here>

1. Forum log-in : From digit.in I need to
1.1. click on “Forum” link which opens a new page.
1.2. Here I need to click on 'login' link
1.3. Login page opens, enter my credentials and press enter
1.4. Rather being taken to Forum page I'm taken to a page which tells me the search query isn't found!!! What search query.
a) At this moment the URL is showing my emailid and userid in cleartext. No need of encryption, eh?
1.5. Here I've to click on “Forum” again and now it takes me to forum in a new window (?)
1.6. Why do I have to go through all these troubles to access forum? Do you personally find this flow very useful and easy for the end users?

2. Logout link :
2.1. Do a “today's posts” from forum home page
2.2. No more logout link from on the search result page. To logout either I've to go to forum home page or the page opened in 1.4
2.3. WHY?

At this moment these two things are bothering me very much. I'll post more if I find more.

+1 to this... Is anyone listening??? [MENTION=1]Raaabo[/MENTION]???

The funny thing is that all of this is happening on a forum that belongs to a technology magazine; a magazine that prides itself on being one of the top technology magazines of the country...
If you guys cannot keep your forum running in a proper way, it puts you guys in bad rapport in our eyes and, if I am to go to an extreme, it even puts question marks on the credibility of your articles and reviews...
Surely someone who has the authority to rate a particular software or hardware after testing them thoroughly would be able to get a mere forum running in proper order... If it was one or two days, then it would have been okay but this issues are dragging on and on!!!
Something needs to be done and fast and you guys must be knowing it very well considering the dwindling popularity of your magazine!!!

@Mods
Take all of my two cents in a constructive criticism sort of way... If my points are not valid, point them out so that I can know where I am wrong!!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't know any of the Login related issues.
I always open this: digit.in/forum/usercp.php And enter the credentials there.
Never had any problem ever. Even before it was thinkdigit. :/

But I am waiting for the bug to fix where I can't change forum password from within settings.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yes, but it must be frustrating for those not being able to login, and unable to know how to do it without logging in first

This is quite classic when it comes to forum-mainsite integration. My far off guess would be that Digit is probably using a third party plugin/service to link the login credentials of forum users to the ones in their main site database and that specific plugin might support a login/logout procedure from the main site only.

p.s. there's a lot more to authentication rather than just setting a cookie to true and $_SESSION variables

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
The funny thing is that all of this is happening on a forum that belongs to a technology magazine; a magazine that prides itself on being one of the top technology magazines of the country...
If you guys cannot keep your forum running in a proper way, it puts you guys in bad rapport in our eyes and, if I am to go to an extreme, it even puts question marks on the credibility of your articles and reviews...
Surely someone who has the authority to rate a particular software or hardware after testing them thoroughly would be able to get a mere forum running in proper order... If it was one or two days, then it would have been okay but this issues are dragging on and on!!!
Something needs to be done and fast and you guys must be knowing it very well considering the dwindling popularity of your magazine!!!
that's not constructive criticism, the most I could assimilate from that is forum is not running properly. sure. we just got a huge fix and some streamlining, you complaining when they are fixing it? there are bound to be speedbumps when something new comes along. rest is a rant. give specific points on what can be improved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom