2014 - New TDF Suggestions

Should we switch the way posts are displayed for mobile users?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Here is a potential bug in TDF I encountered. When I tried to embedd this Google Spreadsheet, it does not show up. I am not sure if Google changed something about the format of the spreadsheet URI or something wrong with TDF.

This is where I cannot see the spreadsheet : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/172126-alternative-browser-thread.html#post2103519

This is a spreadsheet I embedded earlier that it works fine : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/programming/182192-interactive-online-programming-tutorials-thread.html

- - - Updated - - -

Another query :

Why is the Digit Community Chapter section of the forum closed? It was the only was that we could discuss locations and services available in our localities.

- - - Updated - - -

Another bug : When I try to input an imgur url to change my avatar, I am getting an "Invalid File" message. Is it because the URL needs to start with www and imgur direct URLs start with i?

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Now that we have few company reps around the forum, its best if there's a proper set of regulations that all company reps needs to follow. Editors and moderators can form a draft set of rules based on their experience, but its required to keep them in line and to ensure that no wrongful information is passed on and then they can get away by ditching their profile and making another one- or deny having one.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I also think that at least the first or first two posts should be moderated, given the no of spam which has increased now a days.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I am not sure if everyone is facing such a problem, but the "parse URL" and the "get page title from external links" options don't work for me. When I post, URLs appear as normal text and I have to click edit then save for it to turn into a hyperlink. Still, the page titles are not obtained. I have to manually obtain the heading of the page and paste it in the post and then attach a URL to it.

Please check and/or fix.

ankush28

Bazinga
It would be great if OP can mark thread as SOLVED. What say?
Plus OP should also have permissions to lock thread after 'SOLVED'

Can we have Re-captcha to avoid spamming bots??

This won't work. Decaptchas are available easily. Spam bots uses XRumor software to spam vB based forums, which has inbuilt decaptcha. Individual moderation is the only way to prevent bots.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
checking table !

abcd

- - - Updated - - -

are only 3 columns allowed per table??

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Still not working for me. I have to edit and save again to get the link parsed. But the title does not get fetched all the time.
Also it works for the permalinks as like this..
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/181792-2014-new-tdf-suggestions-32.html#post2118895

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Testing : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/feedback/181792-2014-new-tdf-suggestions-11.html#post2118895

- - - Updated - - -

It works now. But it usually won't work for external links.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
looks like the "LIKE" button system has been removed.. :O

Any particular reason ?? :)

Maybe it has to do something with the domain name of thinkdigit.com being changed to digit.in.
Maybe it just broke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom