Ↄ 5 reasons to avoid iPhone 3G 5 reasons to avoid iPhone 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@aryayush

can u justify crippled bluetooth with no file sharing??.....is Apple following the ways of old LG phones??
its bird in a cage philosophy :D

You are not allowed to do what Steve doesn't want and you are on delusions of grandeur to see only the virtual oomph factor :rolleyes:

Of course experts can always find a way to break the code :):!:

chandru.in

In the zone
OMG, doesn't iPhone's cam even have optical zoom. My friend who got one form US says the shot is kinda blurred when taken with zoom which makes him feel it is just software zoom and not hardware based.

Is it true? If so it is really funny. Even my puny W810i has both optical zoom and flash for the cam. Neither is in iPhone (if the optical zoom one was true). Is there any one specific technical aspect (except the UI) of iPhone which makes it worth all the hype?

Disclaimer: When I received all those forwarded e-mails about the first iPhone, I was one of those dropped the jaws after looking at UI.

Now I'd say it is least useful phone I know for its huge cost. It has nothing inside except that cool factor. But hey after all Apple is just "different" not necessarily "better".

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Even my puny W810i has both optical zoom and flash for the cam.

That one's going to the Failblog. Seriously. Dude your W810i has only digital zoom. Along with 99.99% of all mobile phone cameras out there. Only phones I know with optical zoom are Nokia N93, N93i and the Samsung G800. You can't fit optical zoom mechanism in a device the thickness of the iPhone. Along with all the other stuff, that is. And optical zoom on a 2 megapixel camera like the one on iPhone is like fitting a sniper rifle's scope on a catapult.

chandru.in

In the zone
But w810i does not blur even a bit even at maximum zoom shot. That's what made me believe it was optical because he showed how blurred zoomed shots in iPhone were. Alas I'm not a photography expert. :( That is one reason I added so many if clauses in my reply.

But flash is definitely true.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Digital zoom is not at all real zoom. It just interpolates the captured image. Since W810i has auto-focus, it's pics are clearer compared to iPhone's. Consequently the zoomed images are also clearer.

chandru.in

In the zone
Ok, so if that means iPhone doesn't have auto-focus, then run s/optical zoom/auto focus/g on my reply. :D

Seems like cam in iPhone leaves an awful lot to be desired. W810i has even things like panaroma shots. Are these things possible on iPhone (without buying more apps)?

Pat

Beyond Smart
Ok, so if that means iPhone doesn't have auto-focus, then run s/optical zoom/auto focus/g on my reply. :D

Seems like cam in iPhone leaves an awful lot to be desired. W810i has even things like panaroma shots. Are these things possible on iPhone (without buying more apps)?

Yes..iPhone camera was and is not the best in the world. Anything else ? Guys come up with something new. All this is getting very redundant :D

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
free apps r available for iPhone, but the developer hav to pay a premium cost for iPhone SDK......my frnds who r mobile app developers said they can't afford their projects, so now they r developing apps for up coming Android platform.

chandru.in

In the zone
Yes..iPhone camera was and is not the best in the world. Anything else ? Guys come up with something new. All this is getting very redundant :D

Ok wait.

1. No decent camera.
  2. No decent bluetooth.
  3. No MMS.
  4. No copy paste.
What exactly is left where iPhone is weak? I guess I'll beat the initial list of 5 (which included ideological flaws) with a longer list of purely technical flaws in iPhone. :shock:

Only strength, from what I read and hear is super cool UI.

But again those are from what I read an heard. If any of them or wrong you are welcome to refute with a solid proof.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
ah hah new:
*www.marketinghipster.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/iphone-funny.gif
*www.rjgeib.com/blog/media/iphone-2.jpg
*images.appleinsider.com/first-iphone-waiters-3.jpg
:rolleyes:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Ok wait.

1. No decent camera.
  2. No decent bluetooth.
  3. No MMS.
  4. No copy paste.
What exactly is left where iPhone is weak? I guess I'll beat the initial list of 5 (which included ideological flaws) with a longer list of purely technical flaws in iPhone. :shock:

Only strength, from what I read and hear is super cool UI.

Dude we really dont wanna start that discussion again. For me, I am yet to see a screen that is as gorgeous as iphones. UI and usability apart, its community is the number one reason why I love the iPhone. Oh did I forget the OS and high-end hardware (processor and RAM/ROM). Hey and what about Safari ? Is there a better browser on mobile phones ?

From your posts, I guess you are not aware that currently more than 25% of the apps on appstore are free. And these are just apple endorsed apps. There are probably 100s of others which are available for free as well.

Although iPhone does not have a big list of features, it is the best at what it does. I would love a phone which allows me to use the 5 features (while not missing out on important ones IMO) making them extremely usable rather than other crappy phones filled with features but not usable at all.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
oh wat a hype iPhone can cause?!!! look at those people :eek:

@Pat

buy a Nokia 3110 for abt 6k, its has all the features of iPhone....lot of free apps and huge support from Nokia fanboys :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart

Its not only iPhone, there were similar incidents before the release of PS3 and PSP IIRC :) I guess its more to do with the crazy people in US. I mean no matter how much I like a product, I would never do something as stupid as this :p

chandru.in

In the zone
Dude we really dont wanna start that discussion again. For me, I am yet to see a screen that is as gorgeous as iphones. UI and usability apart, its community is the number one reason why I love the iPhone. Oh did I forget the OS and high-end hardware (processor and RAM/ROM). Hey and what about Safari ? Is there a better browser on mobile phones ?

Agreed for those who want to just admire their phone's screen, RAM, ROM and Flash storage, iPhone is great.

I would love a phone which allows me to use the 5 features (while not missing out on important ones IMO) making them extremely usable rather than other crappy phones filled with features but not usable at all.

Which phone are you talking about. Please give example of one mobile higher than Rs. 20K which falls in that crappy category.

Pat

Beyond Smart

@Pat

buy a Nokia 3110 for abt 6k, its has all the features of iPhone....lot of free apps and huge support from Nokia fanboys :rolleyes:

Wow..Can you stoop any lower ? Comparing iPhone to a Nokia 3110.

Agreed for those who want to just admire their phone's screen, RAM, ROM and Flash storage, iPhone is great.

Just admire ? smells like sour grapes :D

Which phone are you talking about. Please give example of one mobile higher than Rs. 20K which falls in that crappy category.
Tell me one phone which makes accessing internet on phone as usable as the iPhone.

I guess what speaks volumes about iPhone is the fact that everyone wants to copy an iPhone, be it in terms of UI or features :)

Last edited:

chandru.in

In the zone
Just admire ? smells like sour grapes :D

No way. :shock: I'll not even freely exchange my w810i for an iPhone. Forget if I have an N-Series model.

Tell me one phone which makes accessing internet on phone as usable as the iPhone.

Tell me frankly how long do you spend browsing on your GRPS. Again I accept the beauty of the UI of iPhone. Multi-touch is easy for browsing pages not designed with mobiles in mind. But come on it is not worth missing all other features which any other mobile will offer esp when in a country like India with costly GPRS and no 3G. Many web sites (Google for example) offer pages specially designed for mobiles. These are not at all difficult to use with any phone having operaMini.

Pat

Beyond Smart
all Java based mobile fones with GPRS and with an OperaMini browser installed

Lol! :D

Tell me frankly how long do you spend browsing on your GRPS. Again I accept the beauty of the UI of iPhone. Multi-touch is easy for browsing pages not designed with mobiles in mind. But come on it is not worth missing all other features which any other mobile will offer esp when in a country like India with costly GPRS and no 3G. Many web sites (Google for example) offer pages specially designed for mobiles. These are not at all difficult to use with any phone having operaMini.

Again comes to the same thing buddy! There are features that some people need, some people dont. I dont need a brilliant camera with auto-focus/optical zoom/carl lens (or watever) on my iPhone as I have a dedicated digital camera that does it for me. Bluetooth, as I said, doesnt matter to me. SMS forwarding problem can be cured.

Also its not only GPRS, I also use internet via wifi. Apart from internet via wifi in various places in India, its useful when your main machine is being used by someone else or you wanna just laze in your bed and surf/chat :)

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@Pat

hey....I made a mistake, its 3120 classic which I meant, not 3110......

check this out..... *www.nokia-asia.com/A4827129 it has many features which iPhone doesn't hav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom