ZR heating issue

matrixx

Journeyman
I am happy user of Sony ZR.

Only one concern, it gets heating instantly during more than 4-5 apps run, more than 5 min video streaming and during charging even! Also, charger peaks heating after 15 minutes charging. Battery runs ok i.e. need to charge once in a day.

Yes, I'm sure that its not normal heating. Some time it heats like bread heating!

what's problem? any software issue? any drivers I need to install? or defect piece? Is this going any undesired incident like battery blast or something?

promo87

Broken In
Well, that doesn't looks normal to me I would say you need to have a look over the battery try checking it by putting over the flat surface and try spinning if that spins means the problem is with the battery and it needs replacement otherwise I would advise you to head out over the nearest store people seeking the answer that what is the reason behind excessive heating !

Minion

Conversation Architect
Restart your phone and see if it solves your problem.Install System panel from google play and see which app is eating CPU.Find the offending app and uninstall them.

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
heating problem increasing..and battery drain in half days with switch on/off data ...

system panel : active apps are few like messaging, android ui, wats up, contacts, settings, true caller..

thinking to replace with another phone...

also fully touch interface bit irritating as used to with QWERTY BB long time...

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
When did you buy your ZR? What version of firmware are you currently on?

After updating to KitKat from Jelly Bean, I saw excessive battery drain and heating issues for a day or two and things settled after that. I think it had to do with Google Play Services which were using more than 40% CPU continuously.

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
When did you buy your ZR? What version of firmware are you currently on?

After updating to KitKat from Jelly Bean, I saw excessive battery drain and heating issues for a day or two and things settled after that. I think it had to do with Google Play Services which were using more than 40% CPU continuously.

5 months before I received as gift.

I have to check on Jelly Bean or KitKat. How come it can be updated to KitKat?

Does Google play service continuous keeps on with mobile? How can I check?

- - - Updated - - -

If greenify works it would be great for you.

Let me try. Vl update.

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
I installed greenify but could not understand the function. what to do?

Greenify title says: "No Auto-hibernation mode"

pl any one who explain step by step.. thanks..

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
How to Optimize Your Android Phone?s Battery Life Using Greenify

this works superb. Battery last to end of the day. No heating issue at all.:doublethumb:

A ton of thanks to SaiyanGoku & members.:owned:

I observed alert pop out only when entering into specific apps like (Hotmail, Gmail, FB messenger, Whatsup) ? Any settings to get it immediately as per actual time sent by user.?

Last edited:
OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
Greenify works superb. Battery last to end of the day. No heating issue at all.

A ton of thanks to SaiyanGoku & members.

I observed alert pop out only when entering into specific apps like (Hotmail, Gmail, FB messenger, Whatsup) ? Any settings to get it immediately as per actual time sent by user.?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Greenify works superb. Battery last to end of the day. No heating issue at all.

A ton of thanks to SaiyanGoku & members.

I think that'll require the xposed module and/or the Greenify Donation package too.

Try changing the settings in the preferences, that might also work.

OP
M

matrixx

Journeyman
I think that'll require the xposed module and/or the Greenify Donation package too.

Try changing the settings in the preferences, that might also work.
well, lots of options available and getting confused much. Not understood. Since you are well user of this app, requesting you to guide me step by step, if you can. Thanks.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Install Xposed Framework
Reboot
Enable Greenify in Xposed
Open Greenify
Click menu button-> Experimental Features ->
Check Keep Notifications

Should work now.

Top Bottom