Zenfone max pro 6gb or Note 5 pro or Honor 9N

harikiran

Broken In
I'll be using this purchase for atleast 2-3 years..So which will be the good buy ?

I read zenfone doesn't come with gorilla glass and tempered glass doesn't fit well on 2.5D screen. Is this a con?

If there is any cons on these, then what can be fixed over update?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill this:
Questionnaire for Mobile phone purchase queries

M1 Pro if you want stock android and big battery
RN5 Pro if you want a bit better camera but can live with miui (or flash an AOSP based rom)
9N if you like notch and crap UIs or don't want any timely updates.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
1. Budget?
2. Display type and size?
Any
3. Dual sim?
yes
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any brand with regular updates
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
As long as it takes above avg pictures
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).
Any
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia,Camera occationally
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
ZENFONE MAX PRO 6GB,NOTE 5 PRO,HONOR 9N
10. Any other info that you want to share
none

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
Fill this:
Questionnaire for Mobile phone purchase queries

M1 Pro if you want stock android and big battery
RN5 Pro if you want a bit better camera but can live with miui (or flash an AOSP based rom)
9N if you like notch and crap UIs or don't want any timely updates.

I guess 9N is out of consideration.
I like RN5 but i hate the MIUI and, less n no updates over time by xiaomi.
M1 pro has no gorilla glass and with 2.5D its hard to use tempered glass(it looks ugly). And i read it get updates till Android Q..
Can we trust Asus on getting future OTA updates? My frnd's moto has very less to no updates so far...

I guess 9N is out of consideration.
I like RN5 but i hate the MIUI and, less n no updates over time by xiaomi.
M1 pro has no gorilla glass and with 2.5D its hard to use tempered glass(it looks ugly). And i read it get updates till Android Q..
Can we trust Asus on getting future OTA updates? My frnd's moto has very less to no updates so far...
Asus is trying to get market shares & timely updates is a good way to make long-lasting good experience. They are already pricing their phones very competitively.

Since Asus has used vague terms for update promises, I think we can at least expect an Android P update for it, if not Q, which is good.

As you hate MIUI, Zenfone Max is the obvious choice. the 6GB model has a better rear camera than 3/4GB model, so its just a bit inferior to RN5 Pro. Moreover, Asus will be adding EIS with a future update.

Buy Redmi Note 5 (not Pro) screen protector or tempered glass for it. Apparently, all Zenfone glasses have either lesser width or length. My cousin owns a Zenfone Max. For the screen protector, buy from mi.com as you get 2x screen protectors for Rs 120.

Honor 9N makes sense only for those who want a compact phone. It is significantly smaller & lighter than the other two. EMUI isn't as bad you might think but if you hate MIUI, I doubt you will like EMUI. EMUI is far more optimized than Vivo & Oppo's shit UI.

OP
H

harikiran

Broken In
Asus is trying to get market shares & timely updates is a good way to make long-lasting good experience. They are already pricing their phones very competitively.

Since Asus has used vague terms for update promises, I think we can at least expect an Android P update for it, if not Q, which is good.

As you hate MIUI, Zenfone Max is the obvious choice. the 6GB model has a better rear camera than 3/4GB model, so its just a bit inferior to RN5 Pro. Moreover, Asus will be adding EIS with a future update.

Buy Redmi Note 5 (not Pro) screen protector or tempered glass for it. Apparently, all Zenfone glasses have either lesser width or length. My cousin owns a Zenfone Max. For the screen protector, buy from mi.com as you get 2x screen protectors for Rs 120.

Honor 9N makes sense only for those who want a compact phone. It is significantly smaller & lighter than the other two. EMUI isn't as bad you might think but if you hate MIUI, I doubt you will like EMUI. EMUI is far more optimized than Vivo & Oppo's shit UI.

My only concern about max pro is the curved screen and no gorilla glass.Applying tempered glass on it is bit odd.. My friend MI A1 has the same issue with tempered glass,it just look ugly..

I'm using Redmi 2 prime.. Issues like lagging with some apps,poor memory after the updates stopped. Miui is heavy and takes a lot of memory and mi doesn't provide timely updates atleast after the warranty period.
What about the updates on RN5?Will it get P or Q?

If i extend a bit and go for 6gb RN5 which is having gorilla glass or stay with max pro 6gb n tempered glass?

Any upcoming phones..? MI A2 is coming but it as some cons..

I don't expect many (or any) android version updates to Xiaomi devices, especially under 20k ones. They do provide MIUI updates which will add some features, which is at least better than no updates from companies like Honor & Samsung.

2.5D glasses are a pain if you want tempered glass. Better get a screen protector. My father's phone has 2.5D glass & a screen protector looks great.

Lack of 3.5mm jack, average battery(considering size of phone) & price makes Mi A2 not so good choice IMO. It should be priced 20k at least. A price cut on Nokia 7 Plus will kill Mi A2.

Compare Lenovo Z5 vs. Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6) vs. Xiaomi Mi A2 (Mi 6X) - GSMArena.com

Nokia X6 is rumored to be launched soon, no dates or anything yet. At 15-18k, it would be a good choice considering its a Nokia phone (they still have good build quality). Camera is a bit inferior to RN5 Pro, so comparable to Zenfone I'd say.

Minion

Conversation Architect
My only concern about max pro is the curved screen and no gorilla glass.Applying tempered glass on it is bit odd.. My friend MI A1 has the same issue with tempered glass,it just look ugly..

I'm using Redmi 2 prime.. Issues like lagging with some apps,poor memory after the updates stopped. Miui is heavy and takes a lot of memory and mi doesn't provide timely updates atleast after the warranty period.
What about the updates on RN5?Will it get P or Q?

If i extend a bit and go for 6gb RN5 which is having gorilla glass or stay with max pro 6gb n tempered glass?

Any upcoming phones..? MI A2 is coming but it as some cons..

Use a hardcase for better protection those cheap tempered glass are not effective in protecting your phone and they will make your phone look ugly.

I am currently using a glass phone (Zenfone 3) and dropped twice from 3 ft twice and hardcase saved my phone

Moto Z2 play is currently going for 16k I know its a 1 year old phone but this has AMOLED display,Awesome design and build quality
Link
*www.amazon.in/Moto-Play-Lunar-Grey...8&qid=1533443943&sr=1-1&keywords=moto+z2+play

Here is review for Moto Z2 play
Motorola Moto Z2 Play review: Lenovo’s modular phone makes a triumphant comeback

Last edited:
Top Bottom