XZ1 or not

x666x

Broken In
Hey guys
I have had my eyes on the XZ1 for a while now and I like the phone for its size but I've read on forums all over the place that the camera sucks(which I use a lot, in low light too).
Now I am getting a sweet deal on the phone as an acquaintance of mine decided to sell it for 25k. Is it worth the money or should I go for another phone?
For perspective, I have used the Samsung S7 so far and I think the camera on it is great.

You will feel that its a downgrade from S7, in terms of camera & display. OIS really helps your S7 in low light. Also, Samsung has lots of features in its OS, which Sony lacks, not sure if you will miss those or not.

Even though Sony supplies image sensor to many manufacturers, their smartphones suffer due to bad image post-processing (lots of noise in the pics) & lack of OIS.

LG G6 at 28k might have a better camera than XZ1.

Even XZ2 is inferior to top smartphone cameras like S9 & Pixel 2 XL. Although XZ2 shines in low light when a pic is taken with a tripod, which beats the purpose of smartphones.

Even I think S10 might the perfect replacement for your S7. If you want something now, S8/S9 & Pixel 2 would be the only good compact phones.

OP
X

x666x

Broken In
You will feel that its a downgrade from S7, in terms of camera & display. OIS really helps your S7 in low light. Also, Samsung has lots of features in its OS, which Sony lacks, not sure if you will miss those or not.

Even though Sony supplies image sensor to many manufacturers, their smartphones suffer due to bad image post-processing (lots of noise in the pics) & lack of OIS.

LG G6 at 28k might have a better camera than XZ1.

Even XZ2 is inferior to top smartphone cameras like S9 & Pixel 2 XL. Although XZ2 shines in low light when a pic is taken with a tripod, which beats the purpose of smartphones.

Even I think S10 might the perfect replacement for your S7. If you want something now, S8/S9 & Pixel 2 would be the only good compact phones.

I was all for the Pixel myself but the lack of headphone jack just feels wrong. I guess I'll stick to my old HTC M8 till a newer batch of phones show up. I really dont mind displays if they're bright enough for Delhi and fit in one hand which XZ1 seems okay with. The size is mostly why I have never got around using a OnePlus.

Compare Sony Xperia XZ1 vs. Samsung Galaxy S8 vs. LG G6 - GSMArena.com

If you compare the dimensions, S8 & LG G6 are actually comparable, with S8 being much better for one hand use than XZ1 due to lesser width. Even XZ2 is bigger than S8 & S9 while having a bit smaller display, much heavier & no 3.5mm jack.

I was a Sony lover once upon a time, but now I don't like Sony phones because of big bezels, poor camera & price.

Top Bottom