Xperia SP or Nexus 4?

Chetan1991

Youngling
Which one to choose? Xperia SP or Nexus 4?

XSP:
Bigger battery, microSD support, OTG, getting it cheaper by 2k, but weaker processor and only 1GB RAM.

Nexus 4:
More powerful processor, 2 GB RAM, but no expandable storage, faulty OTG, and shorter standby time, 2k more.

Have owners found SP's processor and RAM to be enough? I will be running skype, gmail, and a few more IM like apps all the time, plus some tabs open in the browser, and maybe occasional gaming, and I do not want lag. I don't care for updates. XDA and CM will provide for that.

In short how much difference in performance do Nexus 4's processor and RAM make? Only this is stopping me from buying SP over N4.

I'm getting N4 for 15k and SP for 13k, without warranty of course. These are imported phones.

Last edited:
Can you quote the prices in which you are getting those two phone.

A point to consider: For 24k you can get Moto X or [STRIKE]Xperia ZR[/STRIKE]

Xperia ZR is same as N4, just much better battery life, camera, waterproof, sd card slot & con is just a vga camera

Moto X has dual core krait instead of quad core in ZR & N4, camera & battery life are inferior to ZR but a superior display

Notice:
Xperia ZR is available @ 20k @ flipkart @ WS Retail seller
Flipkart.com
Get ZR, it's definitely a great phone for 20k, better than both SP & N4

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I would suggest ZR too. Just flash a pre-rooted ROM right at the beginning. You would badly need additional space on SD card to install applications as your games will easily overflow the 4.7GB user available internal memory.
Root it, link all big applications to an ext partition on a class 10 microSD card and enjoy.

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Can you quote the prices in which you are getting those two phone.

A point to consider: For 24k you can get Moto X or [STRIKE]Xperia ZR[/STRIKE]

Xperia ZR is same as N4, just much better battery life, camera, waterproof, sd card slot & con is just a vga camera

Moto X has dual core krait instead of quad core in ZR & N4, camera & battery life are inferior to ZR but a superior display

Notice:
Xperia ZR is available @ 20k @ flipkart @ WS Retail seller
Flipkart.com
Get ZR, it's definitely a great phone for 20k, better than both SP & N4

Updated prices on first post. 13k for SP and 15k for N4. I want to know whether N4's procc. and additional RAM can make enough difference to ignore its cons and +2k price.

sushovan

In the zone
N4 is not worth for even 15K ( better get Moto G if you want something with official warranty :D)

Go with SP imo, I have bought one too at 13K ( most likely from the same source as yours ;))

Updated prices on first post. 13k for SP and 15k for N4. I want to know whether N4's procc. and additional RAM can make enough difference to ignore its cons and +2k price.

N4 is sure worth 2k more, believe me, I use N4. SP(even Moto G) surely has better battery life than N4 though.
But remember Moto G has 1GB RAM, inferior CPU, GPU n camera than N4

If you can increase your budget, check ZR @ flipkart

Top Bottom