XP vs. Vista - A Tale of Framerates

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thunderbird.117

Read more here :- *enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTMzNCwxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

One of the few reason not to get Vista.

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
I suppose you forgot to see this line

"This article is not to slam Vista and label it as a poor gaming operating system."

Same Source

OP
T

thunderbird.117

i_am_crack said:
I suppose you forgot to see this line

"This article is not to slam Vista and label it as a poor gaming operating system."

Same Source

I did see that. It is not that. Vista is a damn expensive OS. The Microsoft have told that VISTA is good for gaming. All of it are just lies and hype.

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
well actually its probably like this." VISTA is good for Gaming"#

# Performs as same as WinXP with Dx10 and Dx10 Compitable cards

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
thunderbird.117 said:
I did see that. It is not that. Vista is a damn expensive OS. The Microsoft have told that VISTA is good for gaming. All of it are just lies and hype.
but DX10 is not officially available on XP , also if u can shell out $70 per Genuine Game , >$200 for the GFX Card then u certainly can shell out money for vista too .

OP
T

thunderbird.117

Zeeshan Quireshi said:
but DX10 is not officially available on XP , also if u can shell out $70 per Genuine Game , >$200 for the GFX Card then u certainly can shell out money for vista too .

You talk totally crap. Do you know how much is 70$?. Also you are staying india and dont talk about dollars.

Also nowdays i have seen genuine game costing only 500 to 1000 rs. For example stalkar is costing about 700Rs. Many lastest games are costing around 500 to 1000 rs margin. I was really shocked when i saw the price of this games.

Shelling out 15000 to 20000 for windows vista ultimate is damn expensive, That is just a OS. Microsoft can bring any OS anytime and we have to pay for that amount. It damn expensive for an SOFTWARE. I would not mind spending for hardware but not for software.

eddie

El mooooo
i_am_crack said:
# Performs as same as WinXP with Dx10 and Dx10 Compitable cards
...but Vista lagged even with Dx10 compatible card! Also, considering the amount of tuning that would have gone into Dx10 over Dx9, wouldn't XP perform better than Vista if the former had Dx10?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
thunderbird, he is talking about the USA market which I do not understand why should come into consideration.

If you are talking about India, piracy rules. You do not require Vista ultimate worth 16k to play DX10 games. Vista home basic is enough to play DX10 games.

DX 10 graphics card are not available widely right now, & there are not many buyers in India who buy it. People come into shop to ask "I need a NVIDIA 256 MB Graphics Card" without even asking anything about the chip, so u can understand the condition here.

Granted, Vista does costs a lot but did you ever try learning why there are 6 editions of Vista? If you are a gamer & your primary use of Windows is gaming & normal tasks then Vista Home basic is good enough for u. You want skin like aero then pay more, if not then get Windowblinds (which you should get even if you have ultimate edition).

...but Vista lagged even with Dx10 compatible card! Also, considering the amount of tuning that would have gone into Dx10 over Dx9, wouldn't XP perform better than Vista if the former had Dx10?
It's not about XP & Vista; it’s about DirectX 9 & 10. They are completely different, DX10 is 95% re-written from scratch saving lods of overhead problems faced in DX 9, this results in new form of drivers from all the gfx companies cos now the way DX 10 & a GPU works is different. You cannot expect companies to come up with new drivers so quickly. NVIDIA for example right now is managing 6 driver sets, completely different from each other but in a unified package. Same is with ATI.

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
You cannot expect companies to come up with new drivers so quickly. NVIDIA for example right now is managing 6 driver sets, completely different from each other but in a unified package. Same is with ATI.
Are you suggesting that gamers with NVIDIA or ATI cards should not install Vista as yet i.e. until the companies improve their drivers?

assasin

Banned
^^^ u may say that.gfx drivers for Vista r not mature yet.it'll take sometime before u get 100% working drivers for Vista.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
eddie said:
Are you suggesting that gamers with NVIDIA or ATI cards should not install Vista as yet i.e. until the companies improve their drivers?

1) If you already have a gaming computer with DX 9 based graphics card & Windows XP then stick to it. No need to upgrade to Vista. There are no DX 10 games available & the DX 10 cards are also very costly.

2) If you are looking for a new computer for gaming then get a DX 10 based graphics card & Vista cos this is the way gaming is going.

DX 10 cards gives more performance in DX 9 games with current drivers & with mature drivers in the future soon the performance will be optimised.

Who

Guess Who's Back
I Think Anyone With Adx10 Card Should Upgrade To Vista, I Think This Test Weren't Perform With The Latest Drivers (158.24) Cause My Performance Has Increased Considerably,

Here Is My Rig :

Intel C2d E4300
1 Gb Ram Ddr2 533 Mhz
Galaxy 8600 Gt Card

I Used To Get About 70 Fps In Company Of Heroes In Windows Xp With All The Setting On High Except Shadows Turned Off On 1024 X 768
With;

Maximum Fps:193
Avg Fps : 70.5
Minimum Fps: 30

With Some Slow Down Due To The Low Ram (533 Mhz :( )

But When I Switched To Vista The Story Is Different

Maximum Fps : 193
Avg Fps: 76
Minimum Fps : 45

The Game Runs Lot Smoother. If I Can Get 2 Gb Ram 667 Mhz I Think It Will Run Without Any Slow Down & A Raid 0 Would Also Help Somewhat But Anyway COH Runs Very Good Vista.

I Think Reason Why The Fps Score Is Low In Vista Is Due To Overclocking, If You Are Using Vista Don't Overclock The Memory Clock, Increase The Core Clock But Not The Memory Clock Or You're Minimum Fps Will Suffer In COH , You're Avg Fps Will Be Better Though But Minimum Fps Will Be So Low That Its Nothing To Laugh About.

So In The End I Hope This Post Helps Someone.

zbuux

Right off the assembly line
well its original and not pirated. i got it frm ny office. itz wrten windows vista ultimate and at the top it written MS-MSDN. any way installed it and works fine. itz faster than Xp in bootin and in opening folders with pic and movies.

it took only 23 mins to install and it took 7.5 GB of my hdd. we bought it 1 month back (multi license ver) .

:grin:

hey how much did yhe 8600gt cost

Who

Guess Who's Back
Galaxy 8600 GT (600/800 mhz) = 8.5 K
XFX 8600 GT (620/780 mhz) = 9-10k

the only diffrence between them is xfx is overclocked bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom