XP SP2 installation????....need heelp....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhemabhi

Broken In
guys, i cant install XP sp2 on my pc.
it freezes when it reboots while installation when xp progress bar appears.
my confg. is :
-81845 gv gigabyte mbd.
-512 mb(2*256 mb) RAM
-2.4ghz p4 processor
thnx.............

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
try cleaning the rams....

:)

see if that helps...

else install a Windows XP from a non SP integrated disk then run the SP2.exe to update the installation :)

OP
M

mayhemabhi

Broken In
Choto Cheeta said:
try cleaning the rams....

:)

see if that helps...

else install a Windows XP from a non SP integrated disk then run the SP2.exe to update the installation :)

tried those steps, but no improvements......!!!!!!!!!

Kaushal Hiwarkar

Be Healthy, Keep Smiling
Haa.......... Same problem here. I haven'tfind any solution for SP2. What I did is installed XP SP1 and It works fine.

By the way In BIOS I have disabled "L1 and L2 CPU cache". In that way although system doesn't hang but the Installation process is very, very, very slow.

That's why I switched to XP SP1. You can download XP SP3 also " try google". I cant tell you site. Because I have already got 2 warning messge from admin. they can banned me for the third time. So friend help yourself with google. Ok Bye

OP
M

mayhemabhi

Broken In
Kaushal Hiwarkar said:
Haa.......... Same problem here. I haven'tfind any solution for SP2. What I did is installed XP SP1 and It works fine.

By the way In BIOS I have disabled "L1 and L2 CPU cache". In that way although system doesn't hang but the Installation process is very, very, very slow.

That's why I switched to XP SP1. You can download XP SP3 also " try google". I cant tell you site. Because I have already got 2 warning messge from admin. they can banned me for the third time. So friend help yourself with google. Ok Bye

wat kinda problem it is????, h/w or s/w???????????

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Exact Problem With me.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55111
Still my problem is not solved. My system is running with only XP pro. Even the Mother Board Mfg company MSI could not solve my problem. Lastly they gave me suggestion to go to MSI Service Center to check the Mother Board. Which is not possible for me as their Service Centre is located at New Delhi.

mayhemabhi

As per MSI's recommendation, you may do one thing that is you check your SMPS, if it is below 300 Watt You may try installation with a SMPS of above 300W.

Note : Before doing that please go through your MB mannual or MB MFG's company sites. You may also contact the techinal support team of the company.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
R u guyz downloading SP2 from MS website? what else do you have installed on sys. do u have third party firewall active run a hijackthis and post results here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom