XFX 8800GTS 320MB replacement??

Status
Not open for further replies.

paroh

Padawan
As my XFX 8800GTS 320MB is not working properly but the card is under warranty as 1.5year is still there. As this card is no longer available with rashi peripherals so as in the policy if the card is not available they will give u the higher model in exchange of that card. So can u please tell me which card should i go for. And also the price difference.

Will rashi peripherals replace the faulty card with the choice of my graphic card?

r4gs

In the zone
You can rejoice, if your card is still in warranty, you will get the latest card from nvidia in the same price-range, or slightly above the price-range, of the card at the time you purchased it.

Last year my friend got an nvidia 9800GTX+ in replacement for the same card you have.
You might get an nvidia 200 series card, like the gtx240 or 250. At the very least you'll get a 9800GT.

My GTX260 sonic stopped working so I got a GTX275 as a replacement.

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
You can rejoice, if your card is still in warranty, you will get the latest card from nvidia in the same price-range, or slightly above the price-range, of the card at the time you purchased it.

Last year my friend got an nvidia 9800GTX+ in replacement for the same card you have.
You might get an nvidia 200 series card, like the gtx240 or 250. At the very least you'll get a 9800GT.

My GTX260 sonic stopped working so I got a GTX275 as a replacement.

Can u please tell me as i purchased the card in Delhi from rashi peripherals.
Can i make my own choice or they will do it automatically or do i need the pay the price difference

Krow

Crowman
^I think his was from Palit. XFX :x Good luck.

9800GTX+ or GTS250 (7.1k) or GTX 260 (10.5k) . How much did you purchase the card for? Accordingly ask for a replacement.

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
^I think his was from Palit. XFX :x Good luck.

9800GTX+ or GTS250 (7.1k) or GTX 260 (10.5k) . How much did you purchase the card for? Accordingly ask for a replacement.

I purchased the card for Rs 18000 (1.5year back). Can u please tell me did ur replacement is done by rashi peripherals in delhi and do i need to pay the price difference if i want GTX 260

Krow

Crowman
Its not me, but it was r4gs who had his replacement. Never had a card fail on me. :) 18k :shock: Then you may ask for GTX275 @ 13k.

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
will XFX Nvidia GTX 260 is good for the replacement of xfx geforce 880GTS 320MB?
And what do u think for the price after the replacement?

And please also tell what power connector is required as my smps has only one 6pin connector for PCI-E card.

*www.priceindia.in/computer/xfx-nvidia-graphics-card-price-list/
-----------------------------------------

Last edited:
OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
smps zebronic 640W.
But the power requirement of teh card is still not clear
Do i need both 2*6 pin power connector and one 8pin power connector?
Power Requirements: Non-SLI: 630W Minimum Power Supply
SLI: 680W Minimum Power Supply
2 x 6-Pin Power Connector
One 8-Pin Power Connector

Krow

Crowman
Errr.. That's not too good. IMO it will be able to power the card, but I don't like the idea of a zebby powering a high end rig. It's too risky. Best get a good SMPS like the CM Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k and be at ease with good reliable power for your system.

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
But do i need both 2 x 6-Pin Power Connector and One 8-Pin Power Connector?

or only one combination like only 2 *6 pin power connector or only one 8 pin power connector?

OP
paroh

paroh

Padawan
Thanks for the info so i need one more PCI-E 6 pin power connector.
Can u please also make one more thing clear. molex to pci-e 6.
As one some site the is only one molex is used to convert to pci-e 6 and on some other site they use two molex to one pci-e 6 connector

Only one molex is used to convert to 6 pin pci-e
*www.aria.co.uk/Products/Peripherals/Cabling/Power/+4Pin+Molex+to+PCI-E+6Pin+Adapter?productId=17133

on this site two molex is used
*www.atxpowersupplies.com/Molex-to-PCI-Express-Adapter.htm

Can u please clear which one will work for me?

Krow

Crowman
Both should work AFAIK. I would be able to tell you better if I were using a graphics card, but since I am using onboard, I think asigh can guide you best. Drop him a PM.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hey Paroh. Sorry missed the PM in the inbox.

So...what are the exact queries, you want me to help you with, since I am reading this thread so late.

1. The replacement -- which one.
2. Power connectivity.

What has Rashi offered you, which card you getting. Post that I can tell you the exact power connectivity you would require.

r4gs

In the zone
My card was from Palit. I just mentioned it to show that you can get upgrades if the same card isn't available in stock.
My friend mentioned in my post had an XFX 8800GTS 320mb.
My friend was offered an upgraded version of the 8800, but he opted to pay 1k extra and got the 9800GTX+.

The GTX260 is quite an upgrade over the 8800, you will need at least a 550W power supply (mentioned on nvidia website). You will need a good SMPS from a company like coolermaster or corsair or tagan, etc. I use the coolermaster extreme power plus 600W smps and it is perfectly capable of running the card. Just make sure you take at least 600W SMPS for a 70+ rated unit.

Krow

Crowman
^It is not necessary to get 600W though. A 460W 80+ unit like the CM Real Power Pro 460W can handle the 260 pretty well. Otherwise there is the good old Corsair VX450W. :)

r4gs

In the zone
Yes. I only mentioned coolermaster 600W as it is comparatively cheaper I think, not sure though. Corsair vx450 is above 4k right? The CM extreme power was only 3.2k.

Krow

Crowman
Its all about quality of power. IMHO CM Extreme series is crap. Much better and reliable power can be found in the CM Real Power series. 80+ matters a lot. CM Real Power Pro 460W @ 3.5k and Corsair VX450W @ 4k. El cheapo PSU's suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom