XFX 6800Ultra Dual View Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Hi guys,

my card is 6800 Ultra 256MB AGP 8X with dual dvi port.

The connectors are:
*(DVI1)* *(DVI2)* (S-VIDEO)

I connect DVI2 before to use it with the VGA monitor and it was working all fine. When i try to connect the s-video to composite cable to connect the PC to my SONY WEGA 29' TV - and restarted the PC, it only shows 1 display mode - Single Display (can choose either TV or default display). The card supports dual display rite ?

Tried everything - installed latest nvidia drivers, uninstalled drivers, took the card out of motherboard and install it newly. Still the same problem. I am using win98se and winxppro_sp2.

After 5 hours of banging my head on my PC table, i gave up. But lastly i connect the VGA socket to DVI1 - and connect - but i forgot to take the s-video cable out of the card. Fortunately it worked. Can see the start up screen displayed on the TV, when it started, it got option for dual view/clone/vertical & horizontal span/single view.

So its working ok now. I checked it with both win98se and winxppro_sp2.
Now my query is - is there any problem with the DVI2 port ? I am using a DVI to VGA socket which came with the card. When using DVI2 port - it works ok with monitor but only shows "single view" option. When using DVI1 - it works ok with the monitor and shows 5 options for dual displays when connected to the TV.

So maybe the DVI2 port is not 100% functional ? the DVI1 and DVI2 port both are identical right ? So both should work in the same way. Or isit that DVI1 should be used for 1st monitor and DVI2 for 2nd monitor ? So since I got only 1 monitor - DVI1 should be used ? So is there any way to check is these DVI port are 100% functional ?

So kindly anyone here answer these questions for me. Anyone using 6800ultra didn't had this problem ? if not - can u guys try using DVI1 and DVI2 and see if that works with your TV or its just me and the card ??
I am scared that my card is faulty already. Just got it 2 weeks ago for 32k sheesh.

Help me guys !!

OP
PrinceHeart

PrinceHeart

In the zone
wow !!!

no one able to answer my question ???
OR is it im the only one here with a XFX 6800 Ultra 256MB Graphic card ?

If anyone got this model, please try to understand and answer my query.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom