Work Laptop Required <80K

Gauravchi

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Up to 80,000. +/-

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Thin and Light; 12" - 14" screen
I was using Mac Air 2015 model.

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
MS Office, Tableau, Excel, Power BI, Heavy Internet surfing

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
I was considering M2 Air. But it is out of budget.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: None
b. Dislike: None

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Screen resolution ( 768p (HD) / 900p / 1080p (Full HD) ): Full HD with great screen
  • Battery back up ( normal (3-4hrs) / extended (5-7hrs) ) extended
  • Purchase place ( Online (eg - flipkart, infibeam) / Local / Abroad (do mention the country) ) online/offline
Portability, screen and battery are priorities

HP aero 13 with R5 5600U + 16GB RAM + 512GB SSD was a good choice for under 65k. See if it is still available locally.

Amazon.in
This is a powerhouse for its price with a great display, but that display will pull down its battery life, so expect 5-6hrs of light usage. Also, take precautions for OLED burn-in.

Another option, used to be under 70k:
Amazon.in
Expect similar battery life, but is not OLED. Performance is slightly inferior, but won't matter to you.

powerstarprince

In the zone
Any recommendations for me for the same use case?

The Previous was a MacBook Air 2015 model and now need to switch to a new laptop under 80k.

Looked at HP Aero 13 and HP Envy 2-in-1 x360 both seem good.

Which one to choose? Would prefer 13 or 13.3 inches over 14.

8GB RAM is bad for 80k. Many 13" laptops don't have upgradable RAM, so check that. Ryzen generally has better battery life, but Intel 12th gen with good cooling has decent battery life with potentially better performance.

HP Pavilion Aero Laptop 13-be0208AU
HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ec1008AU

powerstarprince

In the zone
Aero seems to be the better laptop. It's 13 inches and lightweight also packed with performance and more storage. If it comes under 80k then I think it's the best buy.

Why does the battery life under specifications show around 10 hours but in Envy it's close to 20 hours?

Aero seems to be the better laptop. It's 13 inches and lightweight also packed with performance and more storage. If it comes under 80k then I think it's the best buy.

Why does the battery life under specifications show around 10 hours but in Envy it's close to 20 hours?
Likely bigger battery & more efficient panel.

Top Bottom