Wireless CCTV cameras- fixed and not fixed

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Didn't know about footage being routed through chinese servers,if that is the only option then I guess you can't use it for too sensitive cases but a typical home scenario should be ok provided you are not paranoid about privacy(& not related to Dalai lama :) ).
Google kills Mi Home integration following Xiaomi security camera bug

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Xiaomi official statement says a minority of users & only when linked via google assistant.In any case this is not a good sign,will keep it in mind for future reference.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^^
Don't trust the dragon. Unfortunately all wireless cctv companies are from China.
No democracy should trust a non-democracy anyway. As I mentioned in my other post,China is now the land of surveillance. There are reports of latest CCTV tech with AI being used in Xianjing region for keeping an eye on the entire muslim population in the region.

One Month, 500,000 Face Scans: How China Is Using A.I. to Profile a Minority

The Entire System Is Designed to Suppress Us': What the Chinese Surveillance State Means for the Rest of the World

How China Uses High-Tech Surveillance to Subdue Minorities
The Trump administration is considering whether to blacklist one of the Chinese companies at the center of the Xinjiang effort, Hikvision, and bar it from buying American technology. Hikvision is a major manufacturer of video surveillance equipment, with customers around the world and across Xinjiang, where its cameras have been installed at mosques and detention camps. C.E.T.C. owns about 42 percent of the company through subsidiaries.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times
Hikvision, the world’s largest maker of security cameras, is supplying nearly a thousand facial recognition cameras for mosques in the western Chinese region of Xinjiang as the ruling Communist party doubles down on its efforts to monitor all public and private activity in largely Muslim areas.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
No democracy should trust a non-democracy anyway. As I mentioned in my other post,China is now the land of surveillance. There are reports of latest CCTV tech with AI being used in Xianjing region for keeping an eye on the entire muslim population in the region.

One Month, 500,000 Face Scans: How China Is Using A.I. to Profile a Minority

The Entire System Is Designed to Suppress Us': What the Chinese Surveillance State Means for the Rest of the World

How China Uses High-Tech Surveillance to Subdue Minorities

Subscribe to read | Financial Times
I know about that and how they are suppressing the Uyghurs.

Engineer.AI

Broken In
^^^^
Don't trust the dragon. Unfortunately all wireless cctv companies are from China.

China has a digital snapback attached to everything that comes out as a major electronic good. The moment it connects to any broadcast tool (broadband, LAN, sattelite uplink, etc.). Now, we dont exactly know the full extent of what this does, but given their history with hacking major democracies...the writing just keeps appearing on the wall, albeit slowly.

Top Bottom