Wireless CCTV cameras- fixed and not fixed

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Looking for a wireless cctv camera which can stream via wifi. It will be placed in a rented room, can't fix it because the rental agreement is for the next 2 months only. So, please suggest one which has night/infrared mode with atleast full hd option along with audio recording. The stream should get saved in Google drive or in any other cloud to watch the same later or maybe in the sdcard slot of the camera.

Coming to the same cameras but the fixed one's. Is it advisable to buy these from online sources? Are the wifi streaming videos saved in any cloud? From offline source I got a quote for 4 wifi cameras for 20000 including installation. The brand is an unknown Chinese one, can't recall the name, but have seen it in some banks. If the DVR is needed along with streaming on a screen then it will cost another 10k.
Please guide.

Thanks

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Check this:
Mi Home Security Camera Wireless IP Surveillance System 1080p HD Night Vision (US Version with Warranty) - Xiaomi United States
Thanks bro. This one should do the job. But the version available on the Indian website is different with different specs. Any help? And any idea when the sale on Amazon/FK will be live wherein we get cashbacks/discounts if paid via card?
Few queries
1. The link says that it supports Cloud NAS storage methods. Will we be able to link Google drive with it?
2. The recording is capped at 20fps. Is it advisable to buy a camera with just 20fps recording in today's date?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Check this:
Mi Home Security Camera Wireless IP Surveillance System 1080p HD Night Vision (US Version with Warranty) - Xiaomi United States
I am using this camera. It records on a MicroSD card and deletes old footage by itself when space runs out.
It's ok for my needs which is to keep an eye on the entry door remotely. Supports night vision. Couldn't ask for more at this price. Records sound too.
20 fps is ok for a security camera the purpose for which is just surveillance.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am using this camera. It records on a MicroSD card and deletes old footage by itself when space runs out.
How much different is this from the Indian version(or US version in case I mistakenly assume you are using US version bought by some friend/relative from US)?

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It's ok for my needs which is to keep an eye on the entry door remotely. Supports night vision. Couldn't ask for more at this price. Records sound too.
20 fps is ok for a security camera the purpose for which is just surveillance.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

From where did you buy the same and for how much? And does it support Google/One drive etc.?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Other than support,govt has recently introduced even tougher laws to restrict imports from abroad so expect to pay ~30-35% customs duty along with longer wait times of 4-5 weeks.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Other than support,govt has recently introduced even tougher laws to restrict imports from abroad so expect to pay ~30-35% customs duty along with longer wait times of 4-5 weeks.
They are easily available on Amazon. One more thing in these chinese one's+that mi one uses its chinese app wherein all the footage routes through its chinese servers and then comes to our phone. I wonder why no one has raised a privacy issue.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Guys,

Looking for a wireless cctv camera which can stream via wifi. It will be placed in a rented room, can't fix it because the rental agreement is for the next 2 months only. So, please suggest one which has night/infrared mode with atleast full hd option along with audio recording. The stream should get saved in Google drive or in any other cloud to watch the same later or maybe in the sdcard slot of the camera.

Coming to the same cameras but the fixed one's. Is it advisable to buy these from online sources? Are the wifi streaming videos saved in any cloud? From offline source I got a quote for 4 wifi cameras for 20000 including installation. The brand is an unknown Chinese one, can't recall the name, but have seen it in some banks. If the DVR is needed along with streaming on a screen then it will cost another 10k.
Please guide.

Thanks
Get either from amazon or hkvision.
Here:*www.hikvisionindia.com/

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are easily available on Amazon. One more thing in these chinese one's+that mi one uses its chinese app wherein all the footage routes through its chinese servers and then comes to our phone. I wonder why no one has raised a privacy issue.
Didn't know about footage being routed through chinese servers,if that is the only option then I guess you can't use it for too sensitive cases but a typical home scenario should be ok provided you are not paranoid about privacy(& not related to Dalai lama :) ).

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Guys,

Please guide.

Thanks
Full Setup:*www.amazon.in/HIKVISION-Cameras-Bu...id=1577700312&sprefix=HKvision,aps,622&sr=8-4

Top Bottom