Windows XP Activation Query...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
Hi I have a genuine windows xp home edition for India OEM version, I am currently using it on my current PC (P4,845gv) but I would like to upgrade its Mobo n processor n hard disk to an AMD system, I know I will have to activate again, but will it be a problem ? If it does activate, will it be identified as a pirated version ? Cause I am using it on the same PC actually...

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Boss u r upgrading all ur system - processor changed means the system changed.
However if u r reinstalling it for the first time then it would not be a problem, just install & conect to internet & go for the activation procedure - it is like cream. If found problem just dial the tollfree no & enjoy.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Actually you can, Install XP, it will reject your key, call Microsoft toll free for activation and tell them you formatted and reinstalled because of virus, they'll give you the unlock code.

OP
mikeon

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
hey thanks for the replies, yeah I will be reinstalling since I've changed my processor, mboard, onto the new hard disk.I wanted to know if it would cause any problems since it is an OEM disk (unbranded though) and while activating it might find that it is a different system.

gopz

In the zone
Just call MS and tell them that you had to format your machine and now have to re-activate it, they will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom