Windows 7 getting Corrupt Every 6 Months ? Solution ?

vishk

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

I wanted to know what can I do in such a scenario?

So I am using Windows 7 on my Acer Laptop which is not a very modern or latest laptop as far as the hardware is concerned, I have been told repeatedly told by many people that it can only run Windows 7 with its specs and nothing else. (It will be a futile exercise to install and run any other latest Windows OS on it) I am running a cracked Windows 7 on it, and the problem is almost every 6 to 9 Months one fine day Windows Get Corrupted and I have no other option left but to again take a back up of the data and Format the Laptop and install windows 7 again. This keeps going in Loop and I am sick and tired of it.

My question is what are my options in case if such a thing happens again ? what should I be doing as a Backup as a Protection Umbrella? Incase that even if Windows get corrupted again I can still recover it without doing a clean wipe. I am talking something like for e.g. Creating a Windows Restore Point like a date from where Windows will again load a copy from that date?

Or is there any other third Party software which will in case of Windows getting Corrupted help me pick up from where Windows was before it got corrupted. I hope you guys understood my question.

Can someone please help me to know about this ?

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
Replace Windows with Linux Mint or any other distro.

Not something that Ideally would like to do as the UI is very different. Any solution in Windows which even if gets corrupted lets me load the last known stable working OS file or any other Third party Software which can help me recover windows from an older date ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Not something that Ideally would like to do as the UI is very different. Any solution in Windows which even if gets corrupted lets me load the last known stable working OS file or any other Third party Software which can help me recover windows from an older date ?
If it is a hardware issue, typical on old hardware, you might need to replace the HDD with a cheap SSD like Crucial BX500 and install Windows 10 LTSC.

Linux UIs are not that different.

*www.linuxmint.com/rel_ulyana_xfce_...fce,your desktop experience more comfortable.

*zorin.com/os/

*manjaro.org/download/

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
If it is a hardware issue, typical on old hardware, you might need to replace the HDD with a cheap SSD like Crucial BX500 and install Windows 10 LTSC.

Linux UIs are not that different.

*www.linuxmint.com/rel_ulyana_xfce_...fce,your desktop experience more comfortable.

*zorin.com/os/

*manjaro.org/download/

Will replacing HDD with a SDD stop windows from not getting Corrupted ? It cannot run Windows 8 My Friend where is the question of Windows 10 ?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Without knowing the exact symptoms and anything specific it could be difficult to tell why Windows 7 is getting corrupted.
You mentioned that it’s cracked. So, no one knows what’s inside. It could be a malware or a virus causing it as well.

Check your HDD health for SMART values by using tools like CrystalDiskInfo.
Another thing that I suggest is that use a script scheduled to run every say 2 days, that will create a restore point automatically for you, so that in future for any reasons if you need to restore, you have a restore point to fallback on. There are plenty of websites that tell how to use script to create a restore point.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What sort of corruption are we speaking of? Windows not booting or behaving erratically?

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
I suspect a broken MBR or system partition. Consider deleting every partition and then starting from scratch.
Question is what do I do to prevent this from happening in future ? If it has happened now it can happen again in future !

patkim

Cyborg Agent
for example put the following in .bat file

Code:
@echo off
wmic.exe /Namespace:\\root\default Path SystemRestore Call CreateRestorePoint "My_Restore", 100, 7
exit

schedule the .bat file with highest privileges to run every two days using task scheduler. Now everytime that task is run a new restore point will be created. Admin rights or admin user may be needed. Have sufficient space allocated for system restore to accommodate at least 2 restore points approx.

How to Create a Restore Point Using the Command Prompt on Windows

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
I just tried it.on a newly installed Cracked Version of Windows 7 restore Windows function does not work in Cracked Version ! Now ?

OP
V

vishk

Journeyman
for example put the following in .bat file

Code:
@echo off
wmic.exe /Namespace:\\root\default Path SystemRestore Call CreateRestorePoint "My_Restore", 100, 7
exit

schedule the .bat file with highest privileges to run every two days using task scheduler. Now everytime that task is run a new restore point will be created. Admin rights or admin user may be needed. Have sufficient space allocated for system restore to accommodate at least 2 restore points approx.

How to Create a Restore Point Using the Command Prompt on Windows

Restore Windows is not working in Cracked Version.

Top Bottom