Windows 10 Boot Problem

gameranand

Living to Play
I am using Windows 10 and it takes a lot of time to Boot. It just goes on Black screen and dotted circles keep going in circles for like 30 mins or so and then it takes me to the logon screen.

I have done 5-6 Windows clean installs and found a trend in the problem. After several days of usage or weeks Language bar stops coming at startup in notification area on taskbar and Firewall services will be down at startup. Windows will show pop up notification that my firewall is down. As soon as Language bar stops at startup I know that now PC has gone downhill. I guess windows update might have did it.

I tried to do system restore, I use to keep an Image with me whenever I install but recent 2 fiascoes have troubled me as doing system restore turned into BSOD with CRITICAL PROCESS STOP error. I had to do clean install. Just now I have already reinstalled windows and I am typing this post.

I also tried to pin down which system updates have been installed which might have caused the problem. Like just now I tried to see the root of the problem but to my surprise only Antivirus updates were updated and nothing else.

Is is possible that default antivirus is causing this problem ?
How is it that language bar and firewall stops at the same time ?
Have any other member faced this strange problem as well ?
Is there any solution to this ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Which AV are you using?

Which win 10 version are you using(for exact build number type winver in search bar)?

Are you using official/untouched win 10 ISO(verified using checksum) or something else/modified/optimized version?

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Which AV are you using?

Which win 10 version are you using(for exact build number type winver in search bar)?

Are you using official/untouched win 10 ISO(verified using checksum) or something else/modified/optimized version?
I am using default Windows 10 AV. No external AV or any security suite/firewall etc are installed.

Windows 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.175) as of now.

An ahem version with Office 2019 pre-installed. However I have tried untouched as well. Same results.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Post a screenshot of crystaldiskinfo free(you can use portable zip version if don't want to install but I recommend installing) to rule out any hdd errors.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Post a screenshot of crystaldiskinfo free(you can use portable zip version if don't want to install but I recommend installing) to rule out any hdd errors.
Find it below.

upload_2019-7-10_6-38-33.png

upload_2019-7-10_6-38-53.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^remove the serial number. Everything looks fine though.

Try installing avast free/avira free for few weeks to see if it solves the issue.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
It happened with me too I guess windows 10 latest updates is causing the problem they are full of bugs slowing down the windows boot

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Interesting issue. Besides windows OS updates, there could be a driver installed/updating that could be causing the issue. Remember adding or changing a hardware just before the problem started? Could also be a virus in a pen drive, if of course that is used.
Next time it happens make a record of entries in the 'event viewer'. it could point to the cause of the problem.
You can try windows 8.1 OR windows 10 ltsc version. Both way better than regular win 10.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Interesting issue. Besides windows OS updates, there could be a driver installed/updating that could be causing the issue. Remember adding or changing a hardware just before the problem started? Could also be a virus in a pen drive, if of course that is used.
Next time it happens make a record of entries in the 'event viewer'. it could point to the cause of the problem.
You can try windows 8.1 OR windows 10 ltsc version. Both way better than regular win 10.
No hardware added or removed. Same hardware is used.

I hardly use pen drives. I have everything I need on my PC.

Yes will make record of entries, if that happens that is. So far so good.

If problem persists then that would be my go to option. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

The thing is that it does not happens with wear and tear, long time running windows etc. Issue has came knocking my door 5 days after new windows install in the past.

Flash

Lost in speed
It could be because of automatic driver updates via 'windows update'.
Its best to disable this automatic driver updates option via local policy or registry entry modification.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try this tool(WUMT aka windows update mini tool):
wumt.zip
Set automatic updates to notification mode(uncheck(if not already) incl drivers,incl superseded & offline mode) .Click on circular refresh icon to search for updates manually.

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Even if Defender in win 10 is now almost as good as paid AVs I still suggest free AV like avira/avast precisely for such reasons.
Aye. Never thought that their own security software would create such problems. A normal person would think that their own applications would be better integrated with their operating system.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aye. Never thought that their own security software would create such problems. A normal person would think that their own applications would be better integrated with their operating system.
Actually it is exactly because of that I don't suggest it.e.g.if avira/avast have issues with latest win 10 update then they either won't work at all(not starting,protection disabled etc) or worst case scenario system won't boot but you will easily know what is wrong & also tools to solve it(some official uninstaller tool or good old safe mode uninstall/cleaner tool). But with defender there won't be such obvious issues but rather such hard to track issues which takes time as well as effort.

Top Bottom