Win 7 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Hi digitians,
I am using Windows 7 RC for quite some time now, just before that i was using win 7 beta and did a fresh installation when i moved to rc. Now the problem i am facing is that whenever i try to start a game, within the first few seconds of the game , it crashes. When i was using win 7 beta i wasnt facing this problem , all of a sudden not being able to play games is creeping me. I doesnt matter which game i try to play whether its nfs most wanted, undercover, carbon or simply cue club or back spin billiards. All of them crash.

My config is in my signature and i use a nvidia 8400GS card
And yeah i tried to google out the solution , but then the only thing i found was driver issue, i installed an older version of the driver but not use.... Games still crash

sjstays

Broken In
hi, facing the same problem as well.. using windows 7 and whenevr i try to play a game, the game crashes the moment it is initated. please help.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^guys, try to run games in XP or Vista compatiblity mode and check if that runs okay. Also, try to install all the patches and updates for win7 RC.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Will try the compatibility mode thing....... But then some time back it was working fine and now it isn't. Moreover I update windows 7 every night

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
NO use....... can anyone suggest anything else?????

Just some basics...I can mention.

1. Install the latest DirectX version.
2. If your motherboards have onboard VGA, disable that from the BIOS.
3. Remove the nVidia driver. Run Driver Sweeper in safe mode (create a restore point before doing this).
4. Re-install the driver after restarting.

By the way -- this may sound dumb...you are using the Windows 7 drivers right..from the official nVidia site..??

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Done everything in that list...... nothing seems to work......
Is this a flaw with win 7 rc ???????
I am planning to go back to Xp n see if games work there or not.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom