Will this game run on this configuration?

A

AmbarD

Hi guys
Can someone tell me a good gaming comp for 30k?Or shud i wait for socket AM2 first(im gonna buy AMD)
i have shortlisted these

Asus A8N-e
1 gb ram(512X2)
xfx 7600GT gfx card
Amd athlon (3200+/3500+)
sony combo drive
and any good case

Is this ok for latest games?

Thanks

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. AM2 is not much a performance boost yet ... but i'd suggest u to wait .. coz the Reverser HT thingy will soon be unleashed ...

A

AmbarD

How long will i have to wait????
or shud i go for the xbox 360 (but the games r too expensive.......)

tell me what to do

oh and is the BIG 6800GS better or the BIG 7600GT
just read the review on techtree.com n they say 6800 is good but is little outdated

Last edited by a moderator:

anandrules

Broken In
deathvirus_me said:
CoD2 , FEAR and GRAM ok ... Oblivion .. good luck with the tweaking ...
Ok heres my updated specs-
p4 2.1 ghz(oced)
640 mb ram
Ati Radeon x800 XL 256mb 256bit

oblivion should now run better?( mayb only a little?)

bizzare_blue

Journeyman
Is my config enuf to play Hitman:Blood Money...

-> P4 3.0 GHz (HT) with 1 MB L2 Cache

-> ASUS P5GL-TMX motherboard with onboard Intel GMA 900 graphics and Realtek Sound..

-> 512 MB DDR RAM

-> 80 GB SATA HDD

-> Sony DW-Q28A DVD Writer

Pathik

Google Bot
on ur system blood money ll work with 3Danalyser.. surely/..
and am2 has 940 pins na... wat other major diff does it have....

anandrules

Broken In
I must stress this because people must be made to understand that if u wanna play today's graphics intensive games, a graphics card is a bare necessity. The rest of the system comes in second (although ofcourse if u have 128mb ram or a p3, then things are different) U need atleast a 6600GT if u want to play all games woth decent frame rates. Remember its ur graphics card which makes more fps, not ur processor. So whenever u buy a new comp, make sure u also get a decent card. Or better still if u have ne relaive in countries like US or canada, ask them to buy you one coz they r muuuch cheaper there.(less than half the price u pay here)

I have P IV 2.4 GHz HT, XP SP2, Intel 865G motherboard, 256MB ram, and onboard graphics. I'm not able to play Recoil properly. The game loads, but there is no color. the textures are mostly white or gray and impossible to make out anything. i tried running it in compatibility mode for both 95 and 98 but no use. i got this same stuff when i had installed motocross madness 2 recently. i reinstalled the graphics drivers from intel installation cd. i dont know whats the problem. i've played this game 5 yrs back on a celeron, 810 chipset, with 128 RAM. Plz help....

I think this problem has something to do with Monster Truck Madness 2 that i'd installed recently. after a few days, MTM2 had this problem with grays and whites. after i pause the game and then return the colors and graphics used to run properly. i've uninstalled the game as of now. Strangely, I tried playing GTA vice city and i got an error regarding "ialmnrt5.dll display driver" not working properly and prompting me to restart the system. i got the driver error when played S.W.I.N.E. too. I somehow think this too is related to MTM2 since i've played GTA before without any problems.

Last edited:

MrAnderson

Broken In
Howzit people

My config is:
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
1024mb ddr ram
nVidia fx5200 256mb

Will games like F.E.A.R., Quake 4, Oblivion and HL2 run on this config and how well will they run

Thanx

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
game runs slow

HI
my config is
AMD 3000+ 939
MSI rs480 motherboard
512 MB ram
80 gb HDD

I ran Prince of persia the two thrones on it although the game runs fine it tends to run a bit slow (like everything is in slow motion ). this is specially noticeable in the cut scenes.I tried changing the graphics to the lowest possible setting also. any suggestions?

evil_maverick

Journeyman
hey man!!
i got an amd 64 3200+(939)
512 md ddr(400)
msi k8ngm2il
80 gb hdd
the game runs fine in my system!!
i even played quake 4 !!
the settings were at medium detail,
and the res was at 1204*768
it ran fine!!
will go for a new graphics card soon!!
so which graphics card do u pplz suggest??(budget 5k)
chao !!
-----------------------------------------------------
"GAMING ADDICTION .. BETTER THAN DRUG ADDICTION"

halo1

Broken In
hey can i play games like mafia and nolf 2 with INTEL GMA900,P4 2.66GHz,512 Mb ram.
I recently installed nolf 2 but i was not able to play the game because of some kind of error message like "Error initialising the renderer.You need a videocard
that supports hardware TnL" .please reply

gags987

Broken In
will tefollowing games run on my config. i.e.
intel p4 2.4ghz
256Mb Ram
intel D865Gbf mainboard
nVidia Geforce 6200.
The games are
UT-2004-5-6
Call of duty 2
need for speed mw
doom3
quake4

A

AmbarD

will FEAR and ES Oblivion work on the foll?
Compaq Presario SR1930IL
Intel Pentium D Processor 820 with EM64T, Dual-core (2 x 1 MB L2 Cache, 2.8 GHz, 800 MHz FSB, Dual-core); 512 MB PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM (533 MHz); Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Graphics (32 MB Dedicated Graphics Memory, ATI HyperMemory Technology Up to 128 MB); 160GB SATA HDD; LightScribe 16X Double Layer(8.5GB) DVD+RW/+R Writer

AND

Compaq Presario SR1702IL
AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3200+ 2.0GHz (up to 2000MHz, with HyperTransport Technology); 256MB (2 x 128MB) DDR1; 80GB Ultra DMA; Integrated ATI Radeon Xpress 200 HyperMemory Graphics (with up to 128MB of video memory)

Top Bottom