Will this Combi Work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
HI Every one,

can any1 pls suggestm me if this combi will work???

Motherboard: ASUS M2N SLI DELUXE
Graphics CArd:XFX 6200LE /128MB
RAM: Transcend 2x1GB 667 Mhz

I jus bought the Graphics Card to make stuff work??? was suggested that SLI Boards do not have on Board Graphics..

Yes I am planning to upgrade the graphics Card to 7600GT or 8500 in two months though..

Also, will i be able to use the Aero Features in Vista Ultimate???

gannu_rox

In the zone
Well...

Since u've 2gigs of ram, it mite jus...
But the gfx card may be a bottleneck...
Anyways Vista'll work fine with the Aero turned off...

No probs, u can've all the eye candy afta u buy the gfx card...

OP
S

: SPiRiT :

Broken In
As your could see the mobo is a SLI mobo, and it basically requires external graphics card to work(in a sense to display anything on your monitor)...

my Query was to know if the the well talked about Vista Ultimate(with it aero Features), can my config of MOBO+CPU+RAM alone handle it with a not so powerful Graphics card...

Also, a bottle neck mean, will i not be able to use Adobe Photo Shop or Mechanical Design applications like Pro-E or Catia???

Last edited by a moderator:

gannu_rox

In the zone
: SPiRiT : said:
my Query was to know if the the well talked about Vista Ultimate(with it aero Features), can my config of MOBO+CPU+RAM alone handle it with a not so powerful Graphics card...

Also, a bottle neck mean, will i not be able to use Adobe Photo Shop or Mechanical Design applications like Pro-E or Catia???

LIsten budd,

All mech apps require some amt of gfx power...
2GB RAM @667 + the 6200 mite jus be ok in tat case... Loadin times're high fer both, I know coz M a mech engg...

But Aero demands at least 1 GB ram and a 256MB gfx card to func smoothly w/o any hassles... Better invest in a cheap one n go fer a 88xx wen its price's gona be low....

Cheers...

gannu_rox

In the zone
parimal said:
Sorry....may be stupid question...but whatz aero? and what is the minimum requirement for that....?

Not a stupid question anyway...

Windows Aero is the GUI for Windows Vista;
Intended to be a cleaner, more powerful, more efficient and more aesthetically pleasing user interface, it includes new transparencies, live thumbnails, live icons, animations and eye candy.

It replaces the Luna visual theme which popularized its predecessor, Windows XP. Aero also encompasses a set of user interface design guidelines for Microsoft Windows.

But then it demands a lot of power hungry resources n syst pwr...

Microsoft has listed the following requirements for what they call a Vista Premium Ready PC. A PC that meets or exceeds these requirements will be able to use the new Aero technologies;

a 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

1 gigabyte of system memory

a DirectX 9 compatible graphics processor, with a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver, and a minimum of 64 MB of Video RAM
40 GB hard drive with 15 GB free space

DVD-ROM Drive

audio output and Internet access

The minimum requirements for graphics cards from the major vendors include the Radeon 9500 from ATI Technologies and the GeForce FX 5200 from NVIDIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom