Will this AMD-based configuration future proof my system?

ashutoshcsharma

Right off the assembly line
OBJECTIVE: To future proof a home desktop PC for the next, say, 10 years.

We are planning to buy an AMD AM3+ FX8320 Octa-Core Processor

to be coupled with an ASUS F2A85-M Motherboard

and with a Zotac GTX 650 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card

PSU of 620W (see the query at the bottom)

A note regarding upgrades we may seek in the future: Due to sparing pockets and the urgency imposed(brother pestering me!) I want a sound surface for future upgrades, which may include:
8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 or 2 TB of HDD
A graphics card better than that listed, this board has support for dual cards.
A 24 inch Full HD monitor
Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

The tasks we want this system to perform, hassle-free: play latest games (mid settings) for maybe the next 5 years, then onwards, will solely be used for movies, Internet and daily chores like office work (maybe also for gaming, though infrequently).

So, is this parent configuration alright?

Besides this, is PSU of 620W enough for such upgrades?

Also, can anyone help me buy a decent cabinet, with a provision for these upgrades?

Thank you in advance...

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Fill this first to get help - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
OBJECTIVE: To future proof a home desktop PC for the next, say, 10 years.
question:if i get iPhone5 today will it be future proof for next 10 years.
answer: of course if you use it only to make calls & play games available today for next 10 years.

10 years is a very long time in pc world & as for future proofing see above.if you mainly use pc for browsing,multimedia & typical everyday tasks then it should be ok for a long time assuming all the parts survive till then.

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
question:if i get iPhone5 today will it be future proof for next 10 years.
answer: of course if you use it only to make calls & play games available today for next 10 years.

Hahaha killed it. xD

Okay, no PC made today, however costly it is, will not be future proof for like, 10 years. One can guarantee his life on that. Not a chance. Of course, I'm talking about hectic activity on the computer and not the basic tasks.

Top Bottom