Will an AMD 280X based card fit inside a CM Elite 431 Plus cabinet?

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Hi,

Sorry for this noob question but I need to know from some one who has first hand seen it that a CoolerMaster Elite 431 plus can house an AMD 280X. I ran measurements on the cabinet and though I see it can hold a 300mm card, however, there seems to be little room left for cable management.

Here are the rest of my system specs:

Intel i7 3770
Asus P8B75-M LE
Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz
Corsair CX500 (Upgrading to CX750)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
according to official website, that case supports gpu upto 31.5cm in length. so it should fit 280x easily. also mention which 280x are you going to purchase. some after market cooler ones are little lengthier than others.

OP
warfreak

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
When I open the cabinet I can see that a 30 cm card would barely fit. Also it would be difficult to connect the 8-pin pcie supply.

Also PSU. I dont suppose a 500W PSU is enough for this card.

I am planning to buy this one : Buy Online ASUS R9 280X R9280X-DC2T-3GD5 Graphic Card in India

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
that asus card will fit. and you can connenct th 8 pin cable as it s not located on side but rather on top(observed from the picture. you can check yourself.). for the psu if you are going with a new one get either gs600 or a seasonic s12ii 620.

OP
warfreak

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Thank you rijinpk1! Would a 600W be enough for this card? I was planning on upgrading to CX750. But if a GS 600 is enough I'd be saving a lot more.

Top Bottom