Will an AM4 motherboard bought now have updated BIOS?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I am planning to buy the new APU from AMD this week. I am concerned that any motherboard I buy may not have the latest BIOS thus not allowing me to use the new processors.

What do you think?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am planning to buy the new APU from AMD this week. I am concerned that any motherboard I buy may not have the latest BIOS thus not allowing me to use the new processors.

What do you think?
If you are located in Mumbai go to primeabgb and get your Mobo Bios updated before buying.
If you are elsewhere then send a mail to primeabgb asking them to update the bios before sending the mobo to you.

I think this Mobo suits you well:Buy Online | ASRock AB350 Pro4 Socket AM4 Motherboard | Price in India

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
ASUS B350 Plus was my target earlier. I will into your recommendation now.

I live in a small town far away from metros and service centres.

hamster0406

Right off the assembly line
The motherboards in stock will most likely have older BIOS. You will have to borrow an older generation APU / CPU to upgrade the BIOS or have someone else do it.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I bought the B350 Plus from MD Computers and they have told me that they will update the BIOS.

The motherboard package had its seal torn, so I guess they did update it before sending.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
APU - Ryzen 3 2200G - 8732 Rs
Motherboard - ASUS Prime B350 Plus - 7739 Rs
RAM - ADATA XPG RGB 3000 MHz 8 GB - 7316 Rs
PSU - Corsair CX450 - 3304 Rs
HDD - Western Digital Blue 7200 RPM 1 TB - 3009 Rs
Key-Mouse - Logitech MK200 USB combo - 767 Rs

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Just to confirm that I have setup the system and they had indeed updated the BIOS like I had requested.

Top Bottom