WIFI problem with D-link ADSL router

punchcard

Broken In
I am using airtel wireless broadband. It has direct LAN cable from the rooftop antenna. I connected the source LAN in LAN 1 port of ADSL router, and other LAN cable connecting LAN 4 port and my PC LAN. everything is working fine, i am connected to internet on my PC. When i try to connect wifi in my mobile it connects but their is no data transfer.
I use another Tenda router just like this and WIFI works just fine.
What am i doing wrong.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is no such thing as ADSL router,it is either ADSL Modem+Router or just Router.Now ADSL Modem+Router is not designed for internet connection via lan wire.That is why there is no WAN port in ADSL Modem+Router(tplink W8968 is one exception) but there is always a WAN port in Router.

When you connect lan wire to lan port of an ADSL Modem+Router then you are simply using it as a switch(which has no routing functions). Post details of this Tenda router & this ADSL router(aka flipkart or amazon link) & then we can proceed further.

OP
punchcard

punchcard

Broken In
i am using dlink 2750 ADSL with WIFI, if i can connect to my PC, than wifi should also work..

D-Link DSL-2750U Wireless N 300 ADSL2+ 4-Port Wi-Fi Router - D-Link : Flipkart.com

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You have to connect it by wire to tenda router & you have to do some network & IP settings in modem as well as router.You may have to spend hours/a few days figuring everything out.If you think it is worth it then go ahead.

Top Bottom