Wierd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuki_295

Journeyman
My laptop is running windows Xp and i hav 2 user accounts, 2 days ago i found that both my user accounts were cleared and there was nothing left in them they were just like new accounts but they had the same pass(i lost all the data :mad:) and so started to load things again and downloaded few stuffs and today when i started it, i found that my user account were restored and all the old files were back and i did'nt do anything and my all the new data was lost.
so is that data preserved some where?can i get them back?

Arsh

ARSH
My laptop is running windows Xp and i hav 2 user accounts, 2 days ago i found that both my user accounts were cleared and there was nothing left in them they were just like new accounts but they had the same pass(i lost all the data :mad:) and so started to load things again and downloaded few stuffs and today when i started it, i found that my user account were restored and all the old files were back and i did'nt do anything and my all the new data was lost.
so is that data preserved some where?can i get them back?

First you check your all new and old data in Documents and Settings folder of your Root Drive by checking user accounts with the name of ur login. I think now ur new user account names are hidden check all user accounts by unhide them. if u find ur all data then copy it in another drive then run pc in command prompt option by using key f8 on the starting time of computer and run the chkdsk ( checkdisk command ) , I think ur problem have been solved by it,try it.

OP
K

kuki_295

Journeyman
No i could'nt find it in C:\Documents and Settings after unhiding all system files and hidden files too

and i forgot to tell that my pc crashed when i lost my old data's but i had same username and pass and remained same after several restarts until today

hey there is a hidden partition of hdd named IBM_services can i find it there

Arsh

ARSH
No i could'nt find it in C:\Documents and Settings after unhiding all system files and hidden files too

and i forgot to tell that my pc crashed when i lost my old data's but i had same username and pass and remained same after several restarts until today

hey there is a hidden partition of hdd named IBM_services can i find it there

check with any data recovery softwares like Partition recovery , magic recovery , r-studio, easy recovery etc.

imageek

Journeyman
Hi

the only way to kno whether your files r there ,is to searchon your root drive -the old or new user names, when you find a folder with that user name ,there is a folder for the documents of that person

Otherwise, your data is gone buddy,sorry

And...as far as I kno system restore wont help in this case.....if the first step doesnt work out

Hmm, try some data recovey software as told earlier.....

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom