1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Wi-Fi working but Ethernet not working

Discussion in 'Broadband and DTH' started by theterminator, Jul 25, 2018.

1. theterminator

theterminator Active Member

Hi,
    I have a BSNL Broadband connection at home on which I have installed a D-Link Modem Cum Router. I have noticed that Wi-Fi is working just fine on all my portable devices such as Mobiles, Tabs, TVs but when I am trying to access Internet on my Desktop PC through direct Ethernet from Router Modem via RJ45 cable, I am not able to do so. The Network & Sharing Centre shows a connection but I can’t access the web on browsers. I have tried swapping the RJ45 cable with a fresh set of another cable but it didn’t work. I guess there has been some changes in my Router settings because I remember a few days back when I contacted BSNL customer care executive for a faulty connection then he did made me some changes in the modem settings. It’s been a month since I switched on my desktop and the changes were made only a week ago.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    theterminator

Today I setup a new connection using setup wizard in DLink browser using URL 192.168.1.1. I did it on the same desktop on which I am having problem. I was able to successfully configure the connection as I have re-connected all my portable devices and they are able to access the Internet. But my desktop is still not accessing even though it shows connected to the Internet. A notification also appears that Windows wasn’t able to check for updates automatically.
    I am running Windows 7 on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. OP
    OP
    theterminator

Resolved. I selected Obtain IP address/DNS addresses/servers automatically in Connection settings.