Why do they NOT allow you to change camera resolution?

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Motorola (G60 and G82) and Samsung (M31s) have camera software where you have no option to change the capture resolution.

What is this new trend? Because last I remember most camera software had a resolution picking option.

Does your phone camera let you change the resolution?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Maybe because image processing has to be fine tuned to specific resolution and these small indie companies cannot afford to do this for multiple resolutions. We must have a bit of understanding and sympathy for them.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Every thing is going towards making us dumber and dumber. We need an AI to decide the timings of optimised battery charging (for eg. overnight).

Newer .heic extension is actually very good, 12MP pics from S20FE is usually under 2MB, rarely hits 3MB & some pics are even 600KB. See if your phone supports that.

I don't think a phone like G82 with a 48MP+ cam is shooting at 50MP, usually at 12.5MP (cam res/4), so might not fill storage as fast as you might think.

Chris_steve

Broken In
Motorola (G60 and G82) and Samsung (M31s) have camera software where you have no option to change the capture resolution.

What is this new trend? Because last I remember most camera software had a resolution picking option.

Does your phone camera let you change the resolution?
Use a Gcam which is so good and better than any stock camera!

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I cannot find any for Moto G82
Don't know much about Gcam, just out of interest googled as suggested by omega.
*www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/

I don't see your phone in this list either. But there are other sites which have a link, but I don't know how reliable those sites are. For one, this site have an gcam apk for your phone
*www.ytechb.com/download-google-camera-for-moto-g82/

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I tend to stick to trusted sources. Because there is one available for G60, it might be compatible with G82 or a specific one will pop up later.

Right now even the link for G60 is down. I will continue to watch the situation and use Open Camera while waiting.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Try this: Manual Camera: DSLR Camera Pro - Apps on Google Play
Manual camera.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Try this: Manual Camera: DSLR Camera Pro - Apps on Google Play
Manual camera.
I thought we are getting Pro mode in smartphones right out of the box. Do we have to pay and get an app for that?

Top Bottom