• Electrolux

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Hi guys just wanted to know somethin.
my frnds in 4 a new refrigerator.now we dont hav idea bout the brands and models.
so just wanted to know whihc amongst these brands wud be the best:
1>LG
2>Samsung
3>Whirlpool
4>Electrolux.

also which is better single door or double door.
budget is 15k at max.
:)

ecept the last one, all three are pretty much tied.
But I prefer LG.
And yes, double door, though slightly more expensive, are much more effective and power saving in the long run.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Samsung is best.... the LCDs, The phones etc
but for Refrigrator better check out LG and Whirlpool also..

double door are costly.. not for 15k

Last edited:
OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
heard that double door refrigerators create more probs than single door ones?

and budget can inc to 19k

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
Get an LG. DO not look for anything beyond LG, 'coz they do not need stabilisers, and some specific models also have 5 star BEE ratings. Barring one or two, none of the other companies produce fridges with 5 star rating. Check this document:
*www.delhitransco.gov.in/EnergyEfficiency/FrostFreeRefrigerators.pdf

if possible, get an LG 245LMF which has a 5 star rating and consumes around 380 units per yr.

For 15K you can very comfortable get a 230 ltr double door fridge. Gone are the days when fridges were costly. I speak from experience. Got an LG fridge only 2 months ago, and there were almost 15 diff fridges from diff companies in the sub 15K model with double door. There is no need to spend anything more than that..!!

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
the BEE 5star rating does matter but i wont give it preference over a product whihc has a better overall build/components quality.
as of now i can see that Samsung has receiveed the highest no of votes.

narangz

Web developer
Godrej.

LG/Samsung suck in refrigeration/cooling department. Godrej have better compressors, cooling is faster & better. Get one with coils outside the body(backside) as the ones which have coils inside get warm sooner when there is a power cut due to heat generated by the coils.
Don't buy auto defrost. They consume more power & i don't think there is any advantage of auto defrost as you can manually defrost just by a press of a button.

If you don't need big capacity freezers go for single door as double door fridges use bigger amout of space for freezer.

Do NOT go for LG/Samsung. If you don't trust me ask someone who has some knowledge of refrigeration field.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ cud u provide me with some links whihc say that LG/Samsung refrigerators dont hav good quality compressors

praka123

left this forum longback
well,@narang : :D from decades,I am hearing godrej fridges are waste(my exp. too!).
but times changed and may be it became better one.
whirlpool is still the brand most ppl are looking upon :)

narangz

Web developer
^^^ cud u provide me with some links whihc say that LG/Samsung refrigerators dont hav good quality compressors

It's from my knowledge & you should get some results from google itself :)

Same goes for their ACs.

Well if you are not satisfied then buy one which you like. It'll give you satisfaction :)

well,@narang : :D from decades,I am hearing godrej fridges are waste(my exp. too!).
but times changed and may be it became better one.
whirlpool is still the brand most ppl are looking upon :)

We've been using Godrej from decades & have recommended to many of our relatives & friends. They all are happy with the quality of the fridges.
May I know in what terms you are saying it's a waste? :D

Yes, Whirlpool is better than LG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom