Which one to buy?? P990i or N 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
No doubt n73me is a better fone... But u can t compare the two... Check the price range.. 5700 is a 12k fone and n73me is a 17k one...5700 seems to be better vfm..

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
If he does not need a good camera, ask him to go for 5700.

It has S60v3 feature pack 1. Also it has a 16 million color screen. Should go for it if you dont want the N Series brand value and if you dont want an excellent camera. 5700 has a 2Mp flash camera, which should not be bad.

oval_man

Journeyman
P990i is a 'hyped' phone!

Basically it has lot of FW problems! Only recent FW is somewhat stable otherwise it's hell of a phone!

One of my friend really suffered like anything with it and regretted a lot!

Only a handful of software available for UIQ V3 that too has lots of restriction,unstable,Wi-Fi connects easily but has frequent drops for unknown reasons!

Before buying P990i,have a personal experience with a owner satifsfy yourself and then buy it!

Price looks catchy! For that reason P910i or even P900i are far better phones as they are more stable and supports more third party software!

assasin

Banned
how good a fone is Nokia E65?my frnd cant decide between 5700,E65 and N73ME.he's considering E65 for EDGE Class 32 and wifi.

5700 supports videos encoded in h.264 codec,but does E65 and N73 support it?

Last edited:

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
No E65 and N73 dont support that codec. Ask him to go for 5700. It is a Symbian S60v3 Feature Pack 1 phone with a 16 million color screen.

BTW, E65 is cool too, i am not much sure about its camera and music capabilities, but it has an awesome form factor and Wifi.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
One of my friend recently got E65... He is not too happy with its camera. However, i have not personally checked it yet

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
krazyfrog said:
I find P990i to be better. Not only is it an excellent business phone with features like touch screen, qwerty keyboard, document viewer, excellent browser and business card reader, it is also a great multimedia phone, more so than N73 ME. It has a large QVGA display, 2mpix camera with auto focus (same as K750i), excellent sound quality (same as Walkman phones; it even has Mega Bass), A2DP and can playback video at VGA resolution at 30 fps.
but u don't know whats he's after!!!!!!! He might like music more than videos!!!!!!!!!!!

K

krazyfrog

cooldudie3 said:
but u don't know whats he's after!!!!!!! He might like music more than videos!!!!!!!!!!!
music in P990i is, imho, slightly better than that in N73 when you use headphones like HPM-70 with it. The media player is exactly same as in Walkman phones (it even has Mega Bass). It also supports A2DP which N73 doesn't.

Pathik

Google Bot
hmmm.. Both r good fones.. I like both but prefer n73me more as i hav come to my senses.. Btw u can also save some bucks and go 4 a 5700.. I feel its more vfm than n73me

K

krazyfrog

Manshahia said:
noooo...
i hav heard of that fone..
Everyone has heard of it. But its not launched yet in india. Even if it were launched it wouldn't be any where near the price of N73/P990i (about 25k).

assasin

Banned
alsiladka said:
No E65 and N73 dont support that codec.

got a N73 ME yesterday.and surprisingly its playing videos encoded in h.264 codec perfectly.
i didnt get any scratch card with the fone to activate the preloaded songs.if any1 cud give me that code then i'll be able to activate the songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom