Which one is better, Realme or Motorola?

D

Deleted member 345628

Its true . You are doing more damage to your phone's life by frequently turning it on and off . Same goes for router , PCs , Refrigerators and almost all electronics .

Sleep Mode > Shut Down .

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I tried removing it and succesfully got removed, but after a update, it came back, and now uninstallable :(

Strange. I am on latest version of Stock ROM and ORoaming removed successfully.
You can install custom ROM. And I think the finger print issue is resolved. If you read this thread for LineageOS ROM the FP is working :)

*forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-...-realme-x2-pro-rmx1931-cn-unofficial.4177291/

So far I am happy with the Stock ROM as I don't do rooting now a days.

Turning your phone on and off every day will result in wear and tear of the phone parts and motherboard .
I don't think so.
Turning on/off won't wear off the motherboard. For Refrigerator they should be ON (24X7) otherwise the food will decay. Even the AC setup for Server rooms to keep the server cool (24X7). But Routers can be switched off. In fact I have seen our cable operator fiber switches going kaput sometimes due to constant load from users accessing internet and after a restart they work fine.

Personally, I don't download stuff at night and keep the router off when I sleep. And switch it ON whenever needed. The router won't face any issues but its the Adaptor which faces constant wear and tear if used continuously ( I still remember my 8 bit console adapter going kaput due to excessive video games addiction during child hood days, bought so many adapters back then ;) )

Its true . You are doing more damage to your phone's life by frequently turning it on and off . Same goes for router , PCs , Refrigerators and almost all electronics .

Sleep Mode > Shut Down .
I don't think so as well, the part that you damage phones by turning it on & off. Many manufacturers even recommend restarting phones once a week, my S8 bought in US has a US Samsung app which gives me a notification every week. I have personally observed cases where restarting a router solved random internet connection drops (cheap TP link routers after 2 years). Also in PCs, a miner's GPUs fail in 2-3 years at times, there are many posts online on the same whereas a gamer who isn't using their GPU 24x7 can at times get the GPU to last even 10 years in some rare cases (most people upgrade before that).

Although I can agree that most electronics are made to be run 24x7.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Again reverted back to stock ROM settings of Motorola Moto G 5G after performing a successful OEM Bootloader unlock and successful Rooting(Magisk) of Moto G 5G.
Problem was,Yono(SBI),My Jio,etc., some apps declined to open due to rooting.

Now after unrooting and locking back the bootloader,everything seems to be fine as beginning.
Even the warranty condition by Motorola is preserved. No issues.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
So I guess everyone remembers Realme using fake antutu scores. Now they were caught using iPhone as their own phone in some event

Link: Realme caught using iPhone to demonstrate game streaming during Narzo 30A launch

Sent via Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
So I guess everyone remembers Realme using fake antutu scores. Now they were caught using iPhone as their own phone in some event

Link: Realme caught using iPhone to demonstrate game streaming during Narzo 30A launch

Sent via Tapatalk

iPhone Level game play is not expected from even 40-50k devices, why would one expect it from 8k device.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think yes as electronic items dissipate heat in the process and need cooling off period to prevent wear & tear due to heat.
Its same like you switch off your FAN/TV/Washing machine etc when not in use :)
its a good practice but I rarely do it out of laziness.. Modern routers dont get hot really, and can sustain years without turning off. Although during thunderstorms its mandatory to disconnect everything, i lost a router because of it once.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Did you add those apps in the list then?
Why should I add?
In case of Root, a grant access pop-up notification will come up.
Moreover Yono by SBI app shall never work in rooted phones. That is the one I use mostly often.
Read somewhere, that in case of Motorola Moto G 5G rooting, OTA updates might be hampered(simply inaccessible). So, I just unrooted and Reverted back to Factory settings BY OEM BOOTLOADER LOCKING also.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Gone are the days when Magisk would properly hide root. Android has fundamentally changed. Its too bad, one cant root the phone and avail banking apps. Citibank app refuses to work with root, as do most UPI apps.

Top Bottom