Which mp3 player to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi friends,

I have one simple question. Which mp3 player should I buy? I have the Apple ipod, microsoft zune and creative zen in mind? Maybe a 8GB should suffice. All are available here for under $200.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I recently shifted to Illinois, USA for 1 year for professional reasons.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
^^^Hmmm...too expensive. I think it costs ~ $400..:(.

*www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8500419&type=product&id=1186004962060

8GB players cost around $200.:| and that's my budget.

sourav123

Thinking Different
Hi,

If you want value for money, go for Creative ZEN. I have bought this from London 2 weeks back. It has a lot of features and support for many more formats than iPod. Also the sound quality is very good. I will post a review soon on ZEN. For the time being you can check from the Creative website.

By the way, the ZEN is now available in India also and I think the 8 GB version is priced at around Rs. 9000/-

Thanks,
Sourav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
sourav123 said:
By the way, the ZEN is now available in India also and I think the 8 GB version is priced at around Rs. 9000/-

WTF...R U sure....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/13.gif, what, where ,....gimme the map...address anything.

sourav123

Thinking Different
Hi gx_saurav,

I know for sure that Creative ZEN is now available in India, both the 4GB and the 8 GB version. Check the following link from Creative website:

*in.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=16999&listby=

The price I have given is some approximate. The one I have is 4GB and the Indian price for sure is Rs. 7899/-. Check the following link from Rediff shopping:

*shopping.rediff.com/shop/storeproductdisplay.jsp?prrfnbr=10238973&strfnbr=3867&frompg=_mp3 players_

Also as Creative ZEN has support for external microSD cards, I think 4GB is good enough.

I will be posting a review very soon here.

Thanks,
Sourav

sourav123

Thinking Different
Hi,

If you planning to buy an MP3 player within your budget, I will strongly recommend Creative ZEN. It is an excellent deal at its price and beats Zune hands down.

Regards,
Sourav

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@digitized

Zune Version 1 wont be a bad idea :p as when MS prodives free firmware upgrade by which you may enjoy all features of Version 2 (exept the touch screen) *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74198 with USD 200 I think you may get the Zune 80 always (v1 offcousse)

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
I think I should go for zen 8GB or zen vision plus 8GB. All have ratings over 8/10 in Cnet.

*www.cnet.com/4244-5_1-0.html?query=creative+zen&tag=srch&target=nw

But Zen has a larger screen and an extra slot for memory card.8)

What do you say?

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Thanks everyone for your help. I got the Creative Zen 8GB from amazon.com for $156 with free shipping. It was delivered to me last week. 8). The headphones are so so:|...I am using sony headphones with them (bought for an additional $14 and the sound is awesome).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom