Which motherboard has the best available onboard graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

montylee

Journeyman
I have DG965RY + Core 2 Duo E6300.
Currently ATI X200 > X3000 but that's purely because of the poor G965 chipset drivers.
With newer drivers about to be released (Version 14.26) the performance would be better than ATI X200. Version 14.26 will add full Hardware support for Pixel Shaders and would be DirectX 9.0C compliant.

I am waiting for the drivers...

The current performance is also OK. I can run Half-Life 2, Far Cry etc. on low settings.

3D Xgl Desktop on GNU/Linux works like a charm with no slowdown...

So, X3000 is not that bad... and with newer drivers it would get better.

OP
A

abhipal

Journeyman
montylee said:
I have DG965RY + Core 2 Duo E6300.
Currently ATI X200 > X3000 but that's purely because of the poor G965 chipset drivers.
With newer drivers about to be released (Version 14.26) the performance would be better than ATI X200. Version 14.26 will add full Hardware support for Pixel Shaders and would be DirectX 9.0C compliant.

I am waiting for the drivers...

The current performance is also OK. I can run Half-Life 2, Far Cry etc. on low settings.

3D Xgl Desktop on GNU/Linux works like a charm with no slowdown...

So, X3000 is not that bad... and with newer drivers it would get better.

Thanx friend. I was relieved to hear that. Thanx very much

OP
A

abhipal

Journeyman
assasin said:
I think the mobo with best onboard gfx for C2D will be nVidia 680i SLi.
Where is it written that this motherboard have onboard graphics card. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon4.gif

OP
A

abhipal

Journeyman
montylee said:
yup Nvidia 680i SLI doesn't have onboard.

Thats the point. I didn't saw onboard graphics card written.

So how come he saw onboard graphics card written.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

I am planning on buying an Asus motherboard. I was thinking of P5B or P5B-V.
I checked the Asus site. It says P5B has P965 Chipset and P5B-V has G965. What is the difference between these two chipsets.
I know that P5B can be overclocked, but what about P5B-V? The P5B-V specs on Asus website shows that it can be overclocked. I was thinking about buying P5B-V board for time being till I can save enough money for better Graphics card (Dx10). If I buy P5B then I'll have to shell out at least 2.5k for a decent graphics card. Can anybody advice me on whether to go for P5B or P5B-V?

BTW I have already purchased C2D E6600.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if you want some Awesome 7.1 Channel Experience get DG965WH, i tested it today, MAAAN its just AWESOME, watched TopGun (movie), whoooow, it was a one of a kind Experience:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

the Jet sound goin round & round:D, add Dolby Home Theatre (which is also present on this m/b) to It & you got a helluva of Entertainment PC.:twisted:

Gaurav

In the zone
buy gigabyte mainboard, the all solid capacitors design will definitely benefit you in the long run..... also the ga-965g-ds3 is a good choice, it is also a good overclocker of c2d proccys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom