anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
What's your Budget?
55k max
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
web surfing, tv series/movie watching and casual gaming
What size and weight considerations do you have?
15.6" desktop replacement
Any other considerations?
Good after sale service and quiet operation.
I have 4 models in mind(Dell, HP, Lenevo and Samsung) -
HP Envy M6-1214TX
Dell Inspiron 15 3521
Lenovo Ideapad Z500
Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN
help me in deciding.

$hadow

Geek in making
Your one option is the one stated above i.e. so5in and in case you want a desktop replacement you need to shell out say about 61-62k and get dell 17r turbo i5 version.

OP
A

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
Your one option is the one stated above i.e. so5in and in case you want a desktop replacement you need to shell out say about 61-62k and get dell 17r turbo i5 version.

dont need 17" screen... I use laptop from close distance so 15.6" is good enuf for me.

Samsung NP550P5C all the way. because of better display and better GPU.

Does Samsung NP550P5C run quietly and hows samsung after sales service ?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Save some more bucks and get the Y510 from lenovo with 4th Gen Processor and GT750M....when it becomes more purse-friendly, it will definitely give an edge to you with that GPU, its definitely worth a shot to wait for all 4th Gen MQ version notebooks to become mainstream with GT 7** series and also with a price drop. the unfortunate "weak money to dollar" syndrome is killing the sweet spot price point for laptops now.

Otherwise go for the Samsung with 650M, never choose the GT740M as its a weaker GPU, also I found in some variance in products, it comes with a 64bit Bus b/w which will cause an annoying performance drop even if the GPU clocks are fast enough.

OP
A

anirudhasarawgi

Journeyman
Save some more bucks and get the Y510 from lenovo with 4th Gen Processor and GT750M....when it becomes more purse-friendly, it will definitely give an edge to you with that GPU, its definitely worth a shot to wait for all 4th Gen MQ version notebooks to become mainstream with GT 7** series and also with a price drop. the unfortunate "weak money to dollar" syndrome is killing the sweet spot price point for laptops now.

Otherwise go for the Samsung with 650M, never choose the GT740M as its a weaker GPU, also I found in some variance in products, it comes with a 64bit Bus b/w which will cause an annoying performance drop even if the GPU clocks are fast enough.

I wont be gaming much...mostly facebook games

I need Good after sale service and quiet operation.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
I wont be gaming much...mostly facebook games

I need Good after sale service and quiet operation.
:facepalm:
you are spending 55k on a laptop for facebook games. then IMO, go for ultrabooks not notebooks, they give you more portability,better looks and better battery backup. which i believe samsung one is

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^Facebook games works fine on my old P4 machine. maybe the internet's slow... btw which fb games are you playing??

Going by the looks dell inspiron 15 3521 will be a good choice. It is totally different from the traditional dell look. The laptop is slim and sexy and configuration is good too. The price also hits a sweet spot of 41k.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Going by the looks dell inspiron 15 3521 will be a good choice. It is totally different from the traditional dell look. The laptop is slim and sexy and configuration is good too. The price also hits a sweet spot of 41k.

This one??
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph/ Touch) - Dell: Flipkart.com

He can save further by getting this HP one..
HP Pavilion G6-2231TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

If op wants true desk replacement he may consider these..

Samsung NP300V5A-S0CIN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci7/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo laptop | Dell India

Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

$hadow

Geek in making
This one??
Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph/ Touch) - Dell: Flipkart.com

He can save further by getting this HP one..
HP Pavilion G6-2231TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com

If op wants true desk replacement he may consider these..

Samsung NP300V5A-S0CIN Laptop (2nd Gen Ci7/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win7 HP/ 1GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo laptop | Dell India

Samsung NP550P5C-S04IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1 TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Samsung: Flipkart.com

+1 to hp one

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Nope, i have seen both of them and none of them close to Lenovo z500 in terms of look. you can go for Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-366499). It looks best and HD4000 is enough for fb gaming.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
:facepalm:
you are spending 55k on a laptop for facebook games. then IMO, go for ultrabooks not notebooks, they give you more portability,better looks and better battery backup. which i believe samsung one is

+1 :facepalm:
OP, you must be a girl or buying for a girl :D
Id suggest going for a ultrabook also, check
or Z500 (with GT740M)

By the way, Id consider U410 to Z500 if you want more battery life
Also one yhing you must keep in mind while buying ultrabooks is that they dont come with a DVD RW..

Top Bottom