Which is this Ram and suggestion for external dvd writer

Sert

Right off the assembly line
I got my pc assembled a year+ back. I had asked for a high frequency ram (Corsair brand as far as I remember) to be installed in the pc, as to the shopkeeper whose shop is far from my home (I dont remember the frequency of the ram I told him to install, but it was surely a high one - 1033Mhz+ or 1333 Mhz, as much as I remember). But I hadn't checked the components installed after getting the pc assembled.

Now, a year+ later, I used the software Speccy, from the makers of CCleaner. And it is showing the ram frequency to be very different and lower value (665 Mhz). So please guide me whether this ram is of slow frequency indeed and the shopkeeper cheated on me. AND WHETHER I SHOULD USE OR NOT USE THIS RAM IN MY NEW PC I AM GOING TO GET ASSEMBLED SOON. I dont intend to get the ram replaced from the shop as it is far away from my home, but want to ascertain its frequency and use in my soon to be assembled NEW PC.

In speccy, the ram is showing as - 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24). Please dont ask me to open my computer to check. Below is the screenshot from speccy.

*i.imgur.com/jnyUkcT.png

Motherboard of this old pc is Gigabyte B75M-D3H.

+

Also suggest me a very fine external dvd writer, to buy from online (flipkart etc.). It should be able to write dual layer dvds (I dont know if all writers can write so), and should give very good performance.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
your ram is ddr3 which means double data rate 3. data rate (clock speed) is 665 mhz shown is correct. you have to multiply it by 2 to get the effective data rate/clock rate.

OP
S

Sert

Right off the assembly line
Can anyone confirm this, that the freq. of my bought rams is 1330 indeed, by looking into their own hardware specs of ram by downloading speccy from *download.piriform.com/spsetup127.exe. (To show in their speccy as 665mhz or similar freq.). And that I can use these rams IN MY NEW TO BE ASSEMBLED PC - a FAST pc I am about to build ? Cos this will save me cost of ram in my new pc - about Rs.6k. Thanks.

And please suggest me a good external dvd writer too, capable of burning dual layer dvds.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Can anyone confirm this, that the freq. of my bought rams is 1330 indeed, by looking into their own hardware specs of ram by downloading speccy from *download.piriform.com/spsetup127.exe. (To show in their speccy as 665mhz or similar freq.). And that I can use these rams IN MY NEW TO BE ASSEMBLED PC - a FAST pc I am about to build ? Cos this will save me cost of ram in my new pc - about Rs.6k. Thanks.

if the mobo in your yet to be purchased pc supports ddr3, the current ddr3 ram you have(as per screenshot on #1) will also be supported.

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
quick noob question.

do u have to buy dual channel kits of ram by the manufacture..

or

any two identical ram can used in dual channel mode

Top Bottom