Status
Not open for further replies.

harshagarwal

Journeyman
I want to know which of the following of the languages are better.Please rank them in your order of preference.

1. VB.Net
2. C#(C Sharp)

I am having a vacation right now so I want to utilise it.Also tell me which one easier to learn and implement.

I know zilch about programing. But here's something that might help - *www.cmswire.com/cms/featured-articles/not-another-c-versus-vb-article-000591.php

-k

sms_solver

In the zone
VB.Net and C# is part of visual studio.NET

Both use same .NET framework and common IDE, so naturally thing that can be done with VB.NET could be done in VC#.

So which is better does not seem to be right question?

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
I prefer to code in VB.NET than in c#. But that's just because I have had a lot of fun with VB 6. If u like C++ better than VB (unlikely), u can use c#.

So, u see, it's more of a matter of preference when it comes to .NET languages.

vinaypatel

Journeyman
vb.nert and C# (if u talking abt c#.net) are part of visual studio.net so only syntax of both are different otherwise at runtime both pass through phase of MSIL so finally both r equal

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Since u are going to learn this in the vacation, I would sincerely recommend VB.NET over c#. Believe me, VB.Net is much more beginer friendly than C#. Also, I joined a local .net group to clear my doubts as I did trial & error learning. You can do something like that too. Just join those microsoft groupos and they will supply you with Visual studio and msdn for free! There are weekly hands-on sessions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom