Which is better for gaming: i5+gt 755m+FHD screen or i7+gt 740m+HD screen?

guruDEV

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy a laptop primarily for gaming. My budget is around 63k. I am looking at only Lenovo laptops because they provide the best performance compared to other laptops. The models I have in mind are Lenovo Z510 and
Y510p(i5 version).

Z510 y510p
processor i7-4th gen i5-4th gen
RAM 8gb 8gb
Graphics GT 740m ddr3 GT 750m ddr5
Screen HD FHD

I was going to buy y510p but got to know that we wont be able to play future games at 1080p on it. Is that true?
If yes, then should I go for Z510 and play at 720p? Also keep in mind Y510p has ddr5. Please reply ASAP as I'm about to join a college so I have very less time.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Y510p will last you longer on 720p than Z510 on 720p. You have the option to play on 1080p in Y510p but not in Z510.

Just on a side note, if you are planning to carry your laptop to college everyday then seriously consider this:
Dell Inspiron 15 which costs around 60k. Use the extra money to upgrade it with a SSD and more RAM.

Advantages:
1.CPU=core i7 4500U. Performance is equivalent to core i5M in Lenovo Y510p.
2.GPU=AMD HD 8850M. Performance is equivalent to GT 755M in Lenovo Y510p.
3. Extra Long Battery life. This is perhaps this laptop's best advantage. In one instance, my laptop ran for 12 hours straight.

Only thing is that this laptop has a 720p screen but still better than Z510 in terms of gaming performance due to a moderately more powerful GPU.

Which college are you going to attend btw and which course? :))

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Y510p will last you longer on 720p than Z510 on 720p. You have the option to play on 1080p in Y510p but not in Z510.

Just on a side note, if you are planning to carry your laptop to college everyday then seriously consider this:
Dell Inspiron 15 which costs around 60k. Use the extra money to upgrade it with a SSD and more RAM.

Advantages:
1.CPU=core i7 4500U. Performance is equivalent to core i5M in Lenovo Y510p.
2.GPU=AMD HD 8850M. Performance is equivalent to GT 755M in Lenovo Y510p.
3. Extra Long Battery life. This is perhaps this laptop's best advantage. In one instance, my laptop ran for 12 hours straight.

Only thing is that this laptop has a 720p screen but still better than Z510 in terms of gaming performance due to a moderately more powerful GPU.

Which college are you going to attend btw and which course? :))

Plus the Dell has an awsome ASS.. i have personally been using HP and Lenovo for the last 3 years but their ASS comes no where near the Dell's..

- - - Updated - - -

where is my reply? :p

Theres your reply..:D :p

ankush28

Bazinga
Plus the Dell has an awsome ASS.. i have personally been using HP and Lenovo for the last 3 years but their ASS comes no where near the Dell's..
Whats better good a.s.s. or no need of a.s.s ?
plus most dell laptops have ULV processors(Not at all meant for gaming; overpriced)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
plus most dell laptops have ULV processors(Not at all meant for gaming; overpriced)

The thing is buying a laptop simply because the company's after sales service is good is like paying more for protection than the quality of the product. It's like insuring a Rs 1 candy with Rs 100 just because it might fall from your hand before you have the chance to put it in your mouth.

I recommended the Dell Inspiron 15 because of the core i7 4500U processor. It help OP immensely during college due to its abnormally high battery backup while still giving performance equivalent to core i5 4200M. It is very good device for college and I am considering taking it instead of my Y500.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

The thing is buying a laptop simply because the company's after sales service is good is like paying more for protection than the quality of the product. It's like insuring a Rs 1 candy with Rs 100 just because it might fall from your hand before you have the chance to put it in your mouth.

I recommended the Dell Inspiron 15 because of the core i7 4500U processor. It help OP immensely during college due to its abnormally high battery backup while still giving performance equivalent to core i5 4200M. It is very good device for college and I am considering taking it instead of my Y500.

My reply was an extension to the previous reply where the person(@seamon) had already mentioned about the CPU, GPU and the extra battery.. I'm just adding the ASS as the fourth point that should have been there in the advantages..
And believe me, if you are buying a laptop(not a desktop) for gaming then you'l surely be needing ASS..

Top Bottom