Which is a better graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhalchandra

Broken In
Hi I am Bhalchandra,

My doubt is which is a better graphics card amongst following and why?

1. nVidia GeForce FX 5900XT
2. nVidia GeForce FX 5900

please tell me if anybody know this

Waiting for reply
As i owned one of them
[/b]

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
The Fx 5900 is better than the 5900 XT. Xt features slower memory and slower clock rates. the 5900 has only a difference of 50 Mhz for the core clk rate between it and the 5900 ultra.

OP
B

bhalchandra

Broken In
yes i read about that and perfectly satisfied thanx for help and how can i gained per4mance for graphics card
do u know any tweak for that must be easy one

prankzter

Journeyman
download powerstrip utilities, u can overclock ur graphics card 2 enhance its per4mance but be warned...it can be as effective as dangerous!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
bhalchandra said:
yes i read about that and perfectly satisfied thanx for help and how can i gained per4mance for graphics card
do u know any tweak for that must be easy one
Follow these simple tips to a better gaming experience.

1. You can overclock your card using rivatuner or NVhardpage or registry hack like coolbits. That might gain you some performance.

2. Keep your Hdd defragged and do it regurlarly.

3. Download Omega drivers from www.omegadrivers.net and install the performance drivers that will give you atleast an increase of 10-15 Fps. No need to download rivatuner or nvhardpage if you are using these drivers as the overclocking options are exposed in the driver control panel.

4. Create a gaming profile by following these steps located here

Implement all the above steps and see how much performance you have gained. Benchmark your before and after performance using 3dmark03 and fraps.

OP
B

bhalchandra

Broken In
Thanx for u r support but i will tweak as u directed and let u know
also if i extended my RAM to 1 GB with Dual Channel Configuration
Right now i have 512 MB RAM 400 MHz
DOOM 3 is working fine in High Quality setting on 640 x 480 with AA and AF off
But it stuck when i switched to 1024 x 768 what is the reason any possible tweak

prathapml

Broken In
Yes, you can over-clock your FX5900 card to 5900XT.

But if you're about to go for a new one, get a card based on the nVidia FX6600 GT chip.

prathapml

Broken In
yes - the nvidia "coolbits" registry hack exists - doesn't work on driver versions of 50.xx and above. If you have an FX series of graphics card, the forceware (nvidia gfx drivers) 60 series will give you an over-clocking and temperature monitoring tab by default.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@bhalchandra: u shud ideally be able to play at 1024*768 res since you have a hi-end gfx cards. Increasing your RAM to 1Gb will definiely help u. There are some Doom 3 tweaks floating around and i will post them asap.

@prathapml: You can downclock a 5900 to the 5900Xt because the XT is a lower end version of the 5900, read my reply above.

@Raven:You are right, its easy to use coolbits but install those Omega drivers and then tell me .........

@prathapml: The temperature tab will be there only for hi-end cards that support temperature montitoring, not sure if the XT has one. Only bhalchandra can clarify this.

prathapml

Broken In
Screenshots for the hard-core gamers who can't wait to have it in their hands:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4
Album

More good-news:
A quick tweak guide for DOOM 3

A futuremark forum's discussion thread for all those who might find the game too hard - DOOM III Cheats

prathapml

Broken In
A 5900XT is a higher version - like an Ultra of the 5900.
The 5600 and above cards all have temp. monitoring and over-clocking built-in.

As for hardware requirements, Here you go : HardOCP - Benchmarks

we were playing DOOM 3 on a 1.5GHz Pentium 4 box with a GeForce 4 MX440 video card and having a surprisingly good gaming experience......
Enjoy!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
prathapml said:
A 5900XT is a higher version - like an Ultra of the 5900.

Lol ! Who told you this dude ? The 5900 already has an ultra version and that is the 5900ultra, the XT is the slowest version among the bunch....

It works like this
The 5900ultra > 5900 > 5900xt.

Dont confuse ATi's XT here, in ATI cards XT means the migh end cards whereas in Nvidia it generally means that your are getting a slower card than the stock versions.

Hope you get my point. :wink:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
prathapml said:
But if you're about to go for a new one, get a card based on the nVidia FX6600 GT chip.

If its the new Geforce 6600 u are talking abt then it's not the FX .......its only Geforce 6600, the Fx series was for the 5xxx series cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom