Which free app can reduce the size of bulk images & videos stored on my PC

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
You could try zipping them but I doubt you'll get any better results. You might have to re-encode all of them to reduce their size/quality to reduce file size.

Last edited:
Try 7zip with best compression setting.

For images, heic is smaller & for videos hevc is a codec to reduce size. Not sure of converters though.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is there any apk which I can use on android mobile for the same work which does everything in the background if I start using it in night....
Even if there were such an app, your phone is not going to be powerful enough to perform video transcoding. Even on PC/laptop without a mid-tier GPU it's likely that the transcoding process might either take a very long time or burn your CPU.

You will also need additional storage (appx equal to the total size of your videos and photos) to store the converted videos and images.

OP
R

rohitshakti_sehgal

Journeyman
Even if there were such an app, your phone is not going to be powerful enough to perform video transcoding. Even on PC/laptop without a mid-tier GPU it's likely that the transcoding process might either take a very long time or burn your CPU.

You will also need additional storage (appx equal to the total size of your videos and photos) to store the converted videos and images.

But is there any app just to resize the pics?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
For photos in PNG/JPG etc formats on Windows PC, see if ImageResizer for Windows Releases · bricelam/ImageResizer works for you.
The app installs only as a context menu. Select all photo files and right click to opt for Resize.

Attachments

• resize.png
    resize.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 89

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
If you are having issues storing it, I suggest instead buy some Cloudstorage or Buy external HDD and load all your data on it. It will be much less hassle and the photo quality would not be destroyed.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
My suggestion is handbrake for vidoes and Irfanview for images. It'll probably take a night or so depending on the size of the files.

Other alternate is dump them all on google photos and it'll automatically make a low res version and allow you to access them from anywhere

Top Bottom