Which Batteries Can I Replace My Cordless AAA Batteries With?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
Hi I have bought a new Panasonic Cordless phone and I was looking at the specifications of the AAA Ni-MH batteries and they are a min 630 mAh type. Now my question to all of you is that probably in the near future when my current supplied panasonic rechargeable batteries go kaput, will it be possible for me to buy batteries which have a higher capacity (say 2300 or 2500 mAh) and then use the same cordless charger for charging them? Will the charger be able to charge such batteries with higher capacity or do I need to buy similar batteries with almost the same charge capacity?

*i61.tinypic.com/fk5mr5.jpg

Flash

Lost in speed
You can register your cordless in Panasonic website, and ask this question there. Info from people who are using your cordless type will be more appropriate, than the ones posted here.
But, maybe give it a try here. :)

josin

In the zone
Hi I have bought a new Panasonic Cordless phone and I was looking at the specifications of the AAA Ni-MH batteries and they are a min 630 mAh type. Now my question to all of you is that probably in the near future when my current supplied panasonic rechargeable batteries go kaput, will it be possible for me to buy batteries which have a higher capacity (say 2300 or 2500 mAh) and then use the same cordless charger for charging them? Will the charger be able to charge such batteries with higher capacity or do I need to buy similar batteries with almost the same charge capacity?

A device will draw only as much current as it needs. You cannot supply current, you can only supply voltage. You provide the correct voltage and the device will take whatever current it needs. If your supply is incapable of supplying enough current then the voltage will drop, and if it drops too far unpredictable things will happen inside the device. You probably won't break it but it won't do what you expect it to do. So anything above 630 mAh will work.

Top Bottom