Status
Not open for further replies.

karnivore

in your face..
Guys i am planning to buy an anti-spyware, but cant decide which one?
Can anybody make any suggestion.
Also what should i get "anti-spywate" or a "firewall"

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
1st. you should searchBest Anti-Spyware
& many more here ->*www.malware-test.com/antispyware.html (link originally posted by Anandk)

2nd- Anti-Spyware & Firewall are completley different.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
why buy one, when there's loads of FREE AntiSpywares , like Microsoft Windows Defender 1.1 (free), AVG AntiSpyware, Ewido....

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Is avg anti spyware free???
*grisoft.com/doc/5/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

After the installation, a free 30-day trial version containing all the extensions of the full version will be activated. At the end of the trial, these extensions will be deactivated and the program will turn into a feature-limited freeware version.

Last edited:
OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
dudes.......thx for the response.

u guys should know that i use "avg free version". but inspite of this, just recently, i got infected by a spyware. so u can see i am not entirely convinced by this free version. freeware "spybot" is no good either. my believe is that freewares r good only for limited no of malwares. they do not give a very high level of protection. i am not saying that all paid antispywares r good, and thats why i posted this thread in the first place, to see which software gets the max vote.

i hav a cracked "spy dr" but do not want to use it because i wont b able to update it. but in my opinion this software is really good.

ZoneAlarm is something i can use. it is probably the best firewall around. even the free version is extremely effective.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Use available free versions...
AntiSpyware: SpyBot, Ad-aware and Windows Defender. Frankly speaking, no antispyware is perfect in detecting all spywares. Use all three. Just shut off real-time scanning of any two and use only one real-time scanner.

Scan entire PC regularly with all three products. This will make your PC free from spywares.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
karnivore said:
dudes.......thx for the response.

u guys should know that i use "avg free version". but inspite of this, just recently, i got infected by a spyware. so u can see i am not entirely convinced by this free version. freeware "spybot" is no good either. my believe is that freewares r good only for limited no of malwares. they do not give a very high level of protection. i am not saying that all paid antispywares r good, and thats why i posted this thread in the first place, to see which software gets the max vote.

i hav a cracked "spy dr" but do not want to use it because i wont b able to update it. but in my opinion this software is really good.

ZoneAlarm is something i can use. it is probably the best firewall around. even the free version is extremely effective.
i hav Zone Alarm Pro [ZAP] (firewall+Antispyware) & Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS). i've no Spyware or Virus on my PC.

why, b'coz
-> i dont click on just any link.:D (deceptive links:D)
->I use Opera browser (one of the safest, notifies when something tries to d/l by itself:wink:)
->ZAP notifies SpySites & blocks them rightaway, & has a good Anti Spyware in it.
->KIS detects trojans on the websites:wink: & notifies+Blocks the website

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
s18000rpm said:
why, b'coz
-> i dont click on just any link.:D (deceptive links:D)
->I use Opera browser (one of the safest, notifies when something tries to d/l by itself:wink:)
->ZAP notifies SpySites & blocks them rightaway, & has a good Anti Spyware in it.
->KIS detects trojans on the websites:wink: & notifies+Blocks the website

i do agree with u that sensible surfing is the FIRST step towards a clean, non-infected system, but sometimes even that falls short. for example i got infected from a very well known site and i had no way of knowing that what i was downloading was infected.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
thats where KIS/KAV comes into action, their web AV is really powerful, so you'll be safe with Kaspersky.

btw which browser do you use?, b'coz browsers also play major part in keeping your PC safe frm getting malwares.

for example- Opera browser (one of the safest, notifies when something tries to d/l by itself)

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
there you see:D IE7 is the gateway to Malwares:D.

dont use IE7 (use for only MS website).

i dunno about FF in emulating IE7, but Opera 9.10 does it good. so you can access websites which require IE in Opera.
& Opera is still the safest browser:)

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
U need both & more... anti-spyware, firewall & antivirus... the latter 2 r more important.

For free...
Antivirus: AVG, Avast
Antispyware: Spybot - Search and Destroy
FireWall: COMODO

OP
karnivore

karnivore

in your face..
s18000rpm said:
there you see:D IE7 is the gateway to Malwares:D.

dont use IE7 (use for only MS website).

i dunno about FF in emulating IE7, but Opera 9.10 does it good. so you can access websites which require IE in Opera.
& Opera is still the safest browser:)

Opera is a freeware i guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom