When a LAPTOP is connected to Computer......

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
Guys i am curious to know whether all these things can be done after the laptop is connected to computer n how ? :)

1. Use my pc keyboard n mouse to control laptop desktop ....... like 'Remote conrtol' with desktop view also but should be as if it is laptop's keyboard n mouse n monitor.
2. Vice versa

if more doubts pop out of my head i will post here later..... :S

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
ok i admit it ...you have amazing imagination

but dude the pc mouse is connected to your PC DABBA aint it? so how can you ever take control of your laptops interface. you can see your pc display on the laptops screen using suitable wires and cards and that time when you use the mouse on your PC since the display on your laptop is the same as your PC's then you can be happy that you managed to move your mouse on your laptop but in actual sense you have not taken any control.

so beat it. remeber those wires hanging behind.

lamrinnirmal

Journeyman
cool man! i dint know that it could be done so simply!

my apologies to subhas!
you still do have an amazing imagination and it can be implemented!

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
start -> all programs -> accessorries -> connections -> remote desktop connection

really easy to use ..
look at these threads too
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11017&highlight=remote
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1496&highlight=remote

-----
alibi

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
hmmm thanx for information ....
okie how bout this ??
My laptop config is better than my pc config ... i can play doom3 on laptop.
what i want to do is (if possible) setup a Remote Desktop Connection n then play it on my pc monitor with pc mouse n keyboard!
I have the extension board like thing (dunno the exact name ,,lemme know if u know) on which laptop can be mounted n other devices can be connected to it . itr has lot of ports . but that would be long cut and very cumbersome !
Tell me if what i want to do is possible :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
suhas_sm said:
okie how bout this ??
what i want to do is (if possible) setup a Remote Desktop Connection n then play it on my pc monitor with pc mouse n keyboard!
I have the extension board like thing (dunno the exact name ,,lemme know if u know) on which laptop can be mounted n other devices can be connected to it . itr has lot of ports . but that would be long cut and very cumbersome !

If you are going to use remote Desktop conection as well as play doom on it its going to be too taxing on the system ....plus there will definatly be low mouse input.
This is what i do if i have to play games on my laptop but see them on my PC Monitor.
I use the VGA port out from laptop and connect it to PC monitor. Use the p/s2 pin to connect keybord n mouse ( Extra if i need coz touch pad on laptop sucks playing games like Unreal tournament 4 n all FPS based games )
Best luck.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
suhas_sm said:
okie how bout this ??

I wudnt suggest that ..
My local LAN has 100Mbps connection ..
and when i connect two P4s using that connection .. i cant even properly watch a video file played on other computer
using Remote Desktop Connection

do as freshseasons says .. thats a better idea

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom