WhatsApp users will have to agree to new terms to continue using the service

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's weird that my family members have been getting this "prompt" to accept new terms, but me myself haven't experienced any prompts.
Maybe they are only sending to unsuspecting users? :?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
It's weird that my family members have been getting this "prompt" to accept new terms, but me myself haven't experienced any prompts.
are you sure you or no one on your phone has already accepted it by mistake?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Perhaps because you may have already accepted by mistake?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
This guy gives a good analysis of the claims of Whatsapp vs Telegram w.r.t. security and end-to-end encryption.

*germano.dev/whatsapp-vs-telegram/

He also tries to be as unbiased as possible and comments on the state of both of them and tries to consider all possible threats that an end user can face as well as the fallacies regarding end-to-end encryption.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yes. That is the reason. A lot of us, including myself accepted it by mistake and there is no way to revoke acceptance. I have since deleted my whatsapp.
I haven't accepted it yet. I just click on the X button everytime I open Whatsapp. Finally got fed up and uninstalled the app after putting a status message that I will be available on Signal or Telegram.

Top Bottom