WhatsApp not receiving mesages when screen is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Recently we bought a Micromax Canvas Nitro A311 for the wife. In the spirit of battery saving measures I installed Greenify and probably djsabled background data.

Now her complaint is the she does not get any WhatsApp messages until she unlocks the phone and opens WhatsApp.

I am suspecting Greenify because only after opening WhatsApp she is able to get messages. However I do not remember greenifying WhatsApp.
And when checked background data seems to be enabled now.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If that's the case you can either remove whatsapp from the hibernation list or install xposed framework, enable greenify in the module list and check "keep notifications" in greenify experimental features.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Removing an application is something I could not properly figure out.
There does not seem to be a list of enabled applications.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
WhatsApp is not part of such a list. In fact to get WhatsApp to even show up I have to press the + icon then scroll down to the last line select more applications and then choose it from all apps list which I have not done.

Anyway I have simply deleted all data for Greenify. Let me see if that solves this.

---------

Nope. That did not help.

When did WhatsApp begin using GCM? Now I tried keeping WhatsAop active but screen locked. Message is received only on waking up the phone.

Last edited:
OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
UPDATE 1:
That battery saving feature looks to be CPU underclocking. So I do not think it is related to WhatsApp alone.

UPDATE 2:
Removing all data of Greenify seems to have worked. Now WhatsApp is receiving messages. Now I have to make sure I do not put WhatsApp under Greenify again.

Thanks.

$hadow

Geek in making
UPDATE 1:
That battery saving feature looks to be CPU underclocking. So I do not think it is related to WhatsApp alone.

UPDATE 2:
Removing all data of Greenify seems to have worked. Now WhatsApp is receiving messages. Now I have to make sure I do not put WhatsApp under Greenify again.

Thanks.
And also remember not to put it under any other battery or ram saver app it will kill it.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Update 3
That euphoria was short lived. It is back to the old ways again.

I have no other battery saving features installed.

Let me disable CPU scaling and see.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
It seems to be some sort of battery saving apps interfering. Did you tried,
Uninstalling greenify..?
Clearing cache/data..?

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Try restarting the phone and 'Force Close' Greenify for the moment and clear its cache, data (Initialize it)

Have you installed 'Juice Defender' or some sort of battery saving app ? I'm guessing that you have not, but if you have, then 'Force Close' it as well to see if the behaviour persists.

Alternatively, check under 'Developer' settings that the number of background apps have been set to 'Standard' or something like that coz I found out that meddling with those settings interferes with background processes.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Backup whatsapp using titanium backup.
Remove greenify and whatsapp. Clear greenify's data and cache too.
Reinstall whatsapp and if it works normally, restore the backup from titanium backup.

nztsolutions

Right off the assembly line
Most probably the notification of phone as well as Whats up is not enabled, I was also getting the same problem, but after working some times on setting and notification part It was solved.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Is the phone in power saving mode?

Because when the phone is in power saving mode, phone data is stopped when the screen is off and it will resume when you unlock your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom