WhatsApp calling bug!

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guys!

So as you guys have probably known, that WhatsApp has started its calling service.
I don't have an android phone so I configured it in my tablet and calling feature works like a charm,
I use my tablet with a case on it such that it screen locks when flip the flap over, (cover). It has magnetic port and hence has auto wake and sleep feature.

So, when my tablet has the flap covering the screen(in auto sleep) , the ringtone from WhatsApp call just buzzes once and cuts after ringing a second and then again remains silent.

Don't know what's causing it and I checked the options in WhatsApp but in vain.

So any fix to stop this as I might be missing some calls due to it?

Help is much appreciated

Last edited:

LeoTechLion

Broken In
don't worry, WhatsApp will now officially launch calling feature in an OTA update of the app from the company. actually a specific version of WhatsApp (I don't know version) has the calling feature. but the new version (2. 12.5) is latest but it doesn't have calling feature. So my advice is be patient for the complete and original update from company or else download the version of your current WhatsApp from a reliable website

Sent from my Spice Mi-498 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
don't worry, WhatsApp will now officially launch calling feature in an OTA update of the app from the company. actually a specific version of WhatsApp (I don't know version) has the calling feature. but the new version (2. 12.5) is latest but it doesn't have calling feature. So my advice is be patient for the complete and original update from company or else download the version of your current WhatsApp from a reliable website

Okay thanks! Will wait for it.

Abhijit_EJ

New to this forum
I used the calling feature on Whatsapp... It works really well but there's a problem. When I call someone n the person doesn't pick up, they're complaining that I got about 10-15 missed calls from me whereas I called just ones. Pls help!!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Well it's wrong. 2.12.5 has the calling feature. Calling feature is enabled from > version 2.11.546.

You might not be able to activate the feature because, Whatsapp has stopped the activation period of call. So wait for few days, untill Whatsapp opens it again.

@OP, You have nothing much to do, instead of waiting. Whatsapp has just started this feature, and will probably improve it over the period of time and you'll get the updates automatically. There are many bugs in calling feature than the one you mentioned.

Top Bottom