Whats the cost of a USB port?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakumar79

Technomancer
you will want to add a PCI card that has about 4 USB ports... They are about 300-400 a piece at ebay.in.

Arun

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
well.... i ...errr....
frankly speaking i haven't used a USB port till date. plz dont laugh :) i dunno much abt it. are all USB ports same ??? i mean will any USB port fit in my mobo???

i have 810E mobo and a p3 733Mhz system!!

thanks

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
There are two USB revisions... 1.1 and 2.0. The speed of 1.1 is 12 Mbps and that of 2.0 is 480 Mbps. Note that its bits, not bytes.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
well, same question again...

can 1.1 and 2.0. be used in all systems???

i have 810E mobo and a p3 733Mhz system!!

jus a doubt since u mentioned that there are 2 versions

kalpik

Go for the 2.0 card. If your system does not support it, it will run as 1.1 by default. Its backward compatible. Anyway, i doubt you will get a 1.1 card nowdays!

LordDJ

Broken In
810e mobos usually come with 2 USB ports. They might not be connected externally from the mobo. So before you buy one do check. BTW they are USB 1.

kalpik

Oh yes! he's right! Check it in your manual. I think it has 2 USB 1.1 Ports on the M/B. You just need to get a bracket to use the USB ports (should be around 50 bucks). Do check it out!

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i need only one USB port which has 4 sockets to conect four different devices. btw what is a bracket used for?

kalpik

Bracket is just the USB socket which connects to the motherboard. I doubt your board will have 4 ports. If you need 4 ports, go for the USB card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom