What to do to record DTH Broadcast on PC?

sushovan

In the zone
I have been using cable connection since past 15 years and with the current ridiculous pricing and service standards in my area (Kolkata) I have decided that it's time to switch. Since the ICC World cup is coming up, I have been planning to record the parts of it on my pc but I have come to know that none of the DTH providers allow recorded content on their DVRs to play on pc. So what do I need to do? I saw many ancient threads where people were using external DVRs, Internal TV tuners, USB tv tuners etc and got confused since im a noob regarding tv tuners, DVRs

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Buy a USB or Internal TV tuner which supports recording (which usually it does have). there are many softwares to watch/record Live TV available.
EDIT:
if you have a regular analog settop box then there are cheap tuners available. But if your Set Top Box has only HDMI output then the tuners are expensive.

OP
sushovan

sushovan

In the zone
All I Currently have is cable connection with some cheap ass set top box and Im going to dump it for either Airtel or Videocon D2H.

Will this Error 500 Server Error allow recoding content from DTH STBs and then playback in PC?

Top Bottom